The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Cape/SF Crossovers - best / worst / weirdest...?

So there's some news from SDCC: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is having a joint panel with Doctor Who.

Now while, yes, both shows are having a bit of a moment, some people think it's a little more than just a meeting of minds.

What do you think The Doctor would make of the Enterprise?

And out of the crossovers you've seen, which has been the most/least successful?

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

5 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

What do you think The Doctor would make of the Enterprise?

And out of the crossovers you've seen, which has been the most/least successful?

That would be Tuesday for the Doctor.  I mean, at least 1/4 of his stories deal with the rise of some "new" distant future human empire, federation, whatever.  And honestly, if they were to do such a crossover, I'd want Matt Smith at the control console.  Eleven's quirkiness would rank up there with Harcourt Fenton Mudd (the original version) for driving the Enterprise crew crazy. 

By "you've seen", do you mean filmed media (TV, Movie, Internet) only, or are you including comics, books, audio, etc.?  By "crossover", you're referring to two completely different properties or sister shows/works?

Thinking about just viewing media, I'd have to say Eureka and Warehouse 13 was a successful pairing.  The two were just chocolate in the peanut butter.

In other media, I'd say the old Amalgam comics, the cooperation of DC Comics and Marvel Comics was successful, though 40 years on, and I'm still not clear how successful.  While the general public has never heard of Amalgam (despite constant water cooler chats of which DC/Marvel fight they'd want),  I do surprisingly hear talk of Superman vs. Hulk every so often. 

9 hours ago, Techwright said:

In other media, I'd say the old Amalgam comics, the cooperation of DC Comics and Marvel Comics was successful, though 40 years on, and I'm still not clear how successful.  While the general public has never heard of Amalgam (despite constant water cooler chats of which DC/Marvel fight they'd want),  I do surprisingly hear talk of Superman vs. Hulk every so often. 

I know there were Marvel vs DC crossovers, but I thought the Amalgam comics specifically were the Marvel/DC merged characters.

58 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I know there were Marvel vs DC crossovers, but I thought the Amalgam comics specifically were the Marvel/DC merged characters.

Uh...you may be right.  I'm drawing on my childhood of 40 years or so ago.  😕  I definitely meant the crossovers, though I recall the merged characters. too.  These weren't even my possessions.  I had to borrow them from a friend, so it was single read-thru.