First shot at Necro/Marine

goombalord

As someone with 3 necro MM's already, probably my favorite MM primary...I was curious about necro/marine after reading this post so last night I booted up mids since I don't have much marine experience (only some from testing a while ago)...and the numbers look damn good. Given my in-depth experience with necro, I think the two would likely pair well together.

So tonight I'll be rolling my 4th necro MM.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/30/2024 at 9:35 AM, tidge said:

Is Brine's -MaxHP and -Resistance not providing (enough of a) force multiplier effect? I can see why as a single-target power it may not be optimal for clearing large spawns, but I would think that against harder targets it would certainly help (modulo purple triangles), if only for the aggro-grabbing potential.

I think the consensus was the -MaxHP wasn't really worth it, and there are other options for -Res if your build is tight.

On 7/26/2024 at 12:00 PM, goombalord said:

Here's an updated build link if anyone has further suggestions

In your updated build, Lich is showing the Touch of the Nictus proc in slot 5; this is an Accurate Healing set, and the power doesn't take that set when I try to slot it in game. Is Mids allowing invalid slotting now? If so, it should be reported as a bug.

3 hours ago, srmalloy said:

In your updated build, Lich is showing the Touch of the Nictus proc in slot 5; this is an Accurate Healing set, and the power doesn't take that set when I try to slot it in game. Is Mids allowing invalid slotting now? If so, it should be reported as a bug.

Yes it won’t accept TofN….Mids error.  I’ve reported it on the discord.  I’m traveling right now but when I land I’ll look and tell you what I put there instead.

38 minutes ago, Crysis said:

Yes it won’t accept TofN….Mids error.  I’ve reported it on the discord.  I’m traveling right now but when I land I’ll look and tell you what I put there instead.

For the time being, I've got the other four -- two Mark of Supremacy, the Call to Arms aura, and the Cloud Senses proc -- slotted, and I'm still in the 'not enough slots for everywhere' levels, so I shouldn't have a problem waiting.

7 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Good to know, I hadn't gotten that far on my character yet.  I will probably work towards the unbreakable restraint proc, with whatever is cheapest until I can afford that.

14 hours ago, srmalloy said:

For the time being, I've got the other four -- two Mark of Supremacy, the Call to Arms aura, and the Cloud Senses proc -- slotted, and I'm still in the 'not enough slots for everywhere' levels, so I shouldn't have a problem waiting.

So I slotted in a two-piece of Gladiator's Net, an Acc/Hold and the Proc for extra damage in place of the Hami-O and the TofN showing in the build.  Honestly, at 50 vet level 3 now, I'm still sporting those two.  The extra hold strength from the Glad 2-piece bonus is nice as is the additional proc damage.  

• Like 1

So the benefit of having a minor Covid infection the last few days? My necro/marine is now 50 and fully IO'd. I deviated from my plan a bit, and ended up with all the necro and marine powers.

The character is pretty damn resilient with pets having ~90 resistances to some common damage types, and me having capped res, HP, and 45% melee. I took provoke as well.

I've been popping soul extraction then shoal rush/white capping into mobs, and letting the pets do their thing while I provoke mobs into tide pools. I've been keeping shifting on one of my grave knights and that works great.

I did a couple pug TFs yesterday and a couple people told me they were going to roll a necro/marine after the TF.

Otherwise I've largely been playing +2x8 on missions so far, and probably can go to +4, but I'm going to craft my Alpha today, likely muscular radial, and then dial it up. Otherwise work on the accolades.

The two sets definitely have some good synergy together.

1 hour ago, Groovy_Ghoul said:

@SeraphimKensai thanks for the insight and confirming the synergy between the two sets.

Do you have the PT: Chance to Heal Self and/or PS: Chance for +End slotted in Toroidal Bubble? If so, what have you observed regarding the proc chances?

Thanks!

I've tried both and they proc on cast but that's it.  So not really worth it from my observation.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Groovy_Ghoul said:

@SeraphimKensai thanks for the insight and confirming the synergy between the two sets.

Do you have the PT: Chance to Heal Self and/or PS: Chance for +End slotted in Toroidal Bubble? If so, what have you observed regarding the proc chances?

Thanks!

I slotted Toroidal with  Steadfast and  Gladiator + defense procs, and 4 unbreakable's as I built mine with soft capped melee defense, high res, and HP cap.

I haven't had a need for a PT or PS proc there. I do have a PS proc in Stamina which I stuck in there out of habit, but I'm not even sure that is necessary. As far as healing, I have life drain slotted for heal, as a means to top me off if I need.

• Thumbs Up 1

@evetsleep Great Info. Thanks!

@SeraphimKensai I slotted Toroidal with  Steadfast and  Gladiator + defense procs, and 4 unbreakable's as I built mine with soft capped melee defense, high res, and HP cap.

These two defense procs are the only reason I have the fighting pool. I could drop kick and tough, but what to replace them with? So many choices. What do you think of Shoal Rush and Brine?

7 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I slotted Toroidal with  Steadfast and  Gladiator + defense procs, and 4 unbreakable's as I built mine with soft capped melee defense, high res, and HP cap.

I haven't had a need for a PT or PS proc there. I do have a PS proc in Stamina which I stuck in there out of habit, but I'm not even sure that is necessary. As far as healing, I have life drain slotted for heal, as a means to top me off if I need.

Any chance of seeing your take?  Been seeing a lot of interesting takes so far for my necro/MA and would love to see more.

6 hours ago, Groovy_Ghoul said:

@evetsleep Great Info. Thanks!

These two defense procs are the only reason I have the fighting pool. I could drop kick and tough, but what to replace them with? So many choices. What do you think of Shoal Rush and Brine?

If you can fit it into the build, the TP pool for the fold space power is super nice for dropping spawns into your tidal pool.

10 hours ago, Stormangel said:

Any chance of seeing your take?  Been seeing a lot of interesting takes so far for my necro/MA and would love to see more.

I typically don't publicly release builds, but I'm available to help give you tips. I can go over building characters in mids via dm or discord or such with you if you need. There's a plenty of different ways to build the sets, but having played quite a lot of necro, I like to build it to support it in melee. That said marine has a lot of aoes, and a self teleport that brings you into your target. The only power that works better at range is the cone heal.

If you're operating in melee you'll want some kb protection so you don't get knocked all around.  Otherwise I really like @Crysis's idea for foldspace quite a bit as it brings more fuel into the fire so I may actually respec to swap travel powers and then sneak foldspace in. I'll probably play around a bit more before I commit to putting in foldspace though.

• 2 weeks later

I just got a 42-second Pylon time with this toon using T4 Reactive Radial and T4 Musc Core and T4 Core Support hybrid.  No Judgement used.   Power of the Depths is basically perma between the FF+recharge proc and general recharge, which is one reason I didn't push HP+ sets as much.

marine corpse v7.mbd

Edited by brasilgringo

10 hours ago, JayboH said:

I might want to adapt this to demons but I wanted to ask - is Ragnorok on Shifting causing kb when stacked with Tide Pool?

Never saw any KB. If there were, just swap out the KB IO for the other IO.

14 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

Never saw any KB. If there were, just swap out the KB IO for the other IO.

Do you think this would work with demons?  Might skip the attacks

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

On 8/17/2024 at 12:05 PM, brasilgringo said:

I just got a 42-second Pylon time with this toon using T4 Reactive Radial and T4 Musc Core and T4 Core Support hybrid.  No Judgement used.   Power of the Depths is basically perma between the FF+recharge proc and general recharge, which is one reason I didn't push HP+ sets as much.

marine corpse v7.mbd 50.21 kB · 16 downloads

I have a 1:45 with no Incarnates slotted at all.  So I can believe that sub-50 second defeat times are very possible with necro/marine.

• Like 1