The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Confirm before putting enhancement in slot

I noticed that when you put in a DO or SO in a slot it will ask you to confirm. When you put a IO in the slot, it does not ask.

I've had many occasions when placing an IO in a slot, my hand will jerk and I will place an enhancement where it shouldn't go, destroying another enhancement I wanted to keep.

Please add a confirmation when you place ALL enhancements.

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

While I support the option of a confirmation message, the enhancement isn't destroyed. Just get an enhancement unslotter and recover the enhancement to place where ever you want.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Rudra said:

While I support the option of a confirmation message, the enhancement isn't destroyed. Just get an enhancement unslotter and recover the enhancement to place where ever you want.

I too support the confirmation message, and I understand what you're saying.  I've used it often enough, but large or small, the enhancement unslotter is a cost,  while confirmation messages are free.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Techwright said:
17 hours ago, Rudra said:

I too support the confirmation message, and I understand what you're saying.  I've used it often enough, but large or small, the enhancement unslotter is a cost,  while confirmation messages are free.

I'm not arguing against the OP. I'm just telling the author that if (s)he/they place an enhancement in a slot they did not want, they don't have to destroy it. (S)he/they can just get an enhancement unslotter to recover it and place it wherever desired.

16 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I think he means the enhancement that was already in that slot got destroyed.

That should already be covered by the prompts in game though.

What this team needs is more Defenders

29 minutes ago, Psyonico said:
46 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I think he means the enhancement that was already in that slot got destroyed.

I checked to verify before responding. I threw a tech SO into a power and then threw another tech SO on top of it, and the previously placed one was superseded (destroyed) by the second without prompts.

Edit: Though I always click the do not notify button for prompts when they come up, so I may just have that prompt turned off....

Edited by Rudra

39 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

Like most prompts, can be turned off in Options, also an option in the prompt popup to turn off the prompt.  I usually leave the prompts on and in the stored Options file have the prompts turned on.  It's very easy when putting in a number of enhancements to turn off the prompt, so you suddenly see no more prompts.  After that, I reload options to get the prompts back on.