Going Hero to Villain, will I lose my missions?

It's been a long time since I switched an active character from one side to another. I have a hero that has several active missions that I'm wanting to take villain side. Will I lose those hero missions? Will I be able to get them back from the contact? Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

So, what happen when you switch alignments is you do temporarily lose the missions. They get removed from your queue. If you were on a story arc - let's say you had a Siege mission saved for your alts. You switch alignments, the mission goes away - but when you switch back, your place in the arc is generally kept and you can pick up right where you left off. 

If the mission was what I refer to as a one-off, not part of the arc, you may have to speak to the contact, accept the mission given, and do it or abandon it and try to get the preferred mission. 
In some cases, Tina MacIntyre, for example - she has a mini-arc where she sends you to Bricks to speak with another contact, Sheridan. If you switch alignments before taking the goo to Sheridan, you may have to redo it from the first mission. 

17 minutes ago, missingsc said:

Thank you for the explanation, I really appreciate it. 

While I'm asking, is there any con's do to doing the immediate side switching via Null the Gull? 

It used to be that you'd lose connection to your super group and access to its base, but I think that's no longer an issue.  At least, it wasn't when I tested it. Your portal destinations would change of course, and if the opposing side's destinations are not set up in the base, you might have to hoof it more.

1 hour ago, missingsc said:

Thank you for the explanation, I really appreciate it. 

While I'm asking, is there any con's do to doing the immediate side switching via Null the Gull? 

You'll also lose all your alignment points, so if you were close to 10 in a category it might be better to get there and do the alignment swap mission before resorting to Null the Gull (otherwise you're going to lose out on 40 merits).  I believe you also lose all of your alignment tips.

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing you haven't mentioned is the level you plan to swap missions. If you're below 50 and swap sides, you might find you outlevel all your content - unless you're turning off XP.

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

Because no one asked, I'll share what I typically do with my blue-siders vis-a-vis alignment switching!

I try to do some blue alignments in the level 20-30 range, as they offer a variety of badges (including Desdemona and Maelstrom)

I'll usually wait until level 35+ (most often 40+) before switching to redside to

• Unlock Patrons (and if 45+ unlock LRSF)
  • Collect High Pain Threshold accolade ("Unbroken Spirit" is trivial if the character has Life Insurance from level 41-44 Safeguard/Mayhem)
  • Do the tip to unlock Mortimer Kal as a contact
  • Collect some badges (e.g. "Shady") necessary for "Portal Jockey" accolade
  • Occasionally, if I have prepped "Bloody Hands" I'll do the "Invader" accolade arc

There is a lot of fun red-side content of course! There are a variety of red-side alignment missions that offer a variety of critters necessary for defeat badges (just like blue side, but some variety)

2 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

If you don't go full villain and only go rogue, can you do the hero missions you have?

Your blue-side contacts won't talk to you if you are rogue, but you can join others.