Dev Diary - Of Mazes & Minotaurs

It’s fun. really fun. In theory. 

But like most stuff, people just run it now as a speed run. To just complete as fast as possible. Most stuff is skipped or ignored to just get to high enough level to kill Minotaur then exit and wait 59 minutes.  

I’ve yet to find a group to Just run around and kill stuff. Just stealth and kill then exit.  Much like aeon sf. Speed run!!!!! Get it done for end reward then go do something actually fun. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thraxen said:

It’s fun. really fun. In theory. 

But like most stuff, people just run it now as a speed run. To just complete as fast as possible. Most stuff is skipped or ignored to just get to high enough level to kill Minotaur then exit and wait 59 minutes.  

I’ve yet to find a group to Just run around and kill stuff. Just stealth and kill then exit.  Much like aeon sf. Speed run!!!!! Get it done for end reward then go do something actually fun. 

I know that this is easier said than done, but the trick is to form your own Labyrinth run and run it as a kill most/steamroll if other Labyrinth leaders are all running it as a speed run.

I lead a group on the Indomitable shard.  I actually had a couple of people tell me that they did a speedy Dr. Aeon SF with someone else, and hated it because they felt rushed and felt like everything was skipped.  So I formed and led a kill most/steamroll Dr. Aeon SF.  It took us about two hours and 20 minutes, about a hour and 50 minutes longer than the speed run they did... but they enjoyed it.  They found it much more fun, because they got to actually see the content, and smell the roses.

There are different ways to run content.  Be the change you want to see.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Developer
On 9/7/2024 at 11:25 PM, Thraxen said:

Most stuff is skipped or ignored

The mobs being too hard to defeat at a good pace right now is the major reason why, they take too long to kill.
The resistance and density of the mob packs in the Labyrinth were tuned for a league, but the zone in practice became people moving in smaller groups, which makes sense as it's a smaller space, and it's difficult to move together as a league through the rooms.

That's why I'll be reducing those mobs down to a level of difficulty more tuned for smaller groups like 1-2 teams, and setting the difficulty more at a level players build for (Level 54 enemies instead of 54+1), which should allow more people to move through the Labyrinth for defeat-oriented play in smaller groups together.

Additionally, the amount of points rewarded for Elite Boss defeats towards the zone Level Shifts was not properly tuned for league sizes above 24-players because it was difficult organizing that many play testers to come onto the beta servers. Large league defeat scaling point values will be doubled in a future patch.

The content will continue to see on-going improvements and adjustments as long as it needs to in-order to meet the vision I had for the content when I designed it.
I'm committed to continuing support/improvements for my features.
🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

3 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

The mobs being too hard to defeat at a good pace right now is the major reason why, they take too long to kill.
The resistance and density of the mob packs in the Labyrinth were tuned for a league, but the zone in practice became people moving in smaller groups, which makes sense as it's a smaller space, and it's difficult to move together as a league through the rooms.

That's why I'll be reducing those mobs down to a level of difficulty more tuned for smaller groups like 1-2 teams, and setting the difficulty more at a level players build for (Level 54 enemies instead of 54+1), which should allow more people to move through the Labyrinth for defeat-oriented play in smaller groups together.

Additionally, the amount of points rewarded for Elite Boss defeats towards the zone Level Shifts was not properly tuned for league sizes above 24-players because it was difficult organizing that many play testers to come onto the beta servers. Large league defeat scaling point values will be doubled in a future patch.

The content will continue to see on-going improvements and adjustments as long as it needs to in-order to meet the vision I had for the content when I designed it.
I'm committed to continuing support/improvements for my features.
🙂

awesome. Thanks for insight. I really enjoy it just hate the current way most people run it right now. I know I could just form my own. I form my own teams and weird “all x” ITFs. 

level right now is probably fine if people would  stick together. I’ve had 4-5 people follow me around and kill shit while others stealthed. It’s been slow and some spiky deaths. But I think a team or two together could do it fine if not tp’d around. 

Edited by Thraxen
Phone auto corrects.

Those look like some welcome changes.  The slightly less difficulty will make it a bit easier to run around for stealthers too.  (When they get seen by the eyeballs or drones, not getting splatted that easily.)