Restarting my MC/Psi, ? about PPM pieces

Generator

Hey,

So I've just restarted one of my 3 main Dominators from back in the day, my Mind/Psi hero.  I blew the dust off her old build and loaded it into Pine.

Now, I know (or am under the impression) the PPM change was intended to smooth out a lot of questions like, "Should Proc piece [X] go in Power [Y] or Power [Z]?"  That said, I had a decent number of sets on her that had procs, and I'm not sure if they're more or less useful than they used to be.

Force Feedback's +Rchg, in Levitate  (I had this one in the build, or at least planned on it, I may not have gotten to building it yet)

Glimpse of the Abyss' Dmg proc

Malaise's Illusions Dmg proc 

(I think I skipped on both of these, 1: because I could replace them with a straight Rchg IO for more effect, 2: because they wouldn't have gone off often enough to be useful)  Are either of these two pieces worth reconsidering?

Thanks,

Generator

The way PPM interacts with global recharge, you shouldn't slot any recharge in Levitate if you want maximum FF uptime.

Good to know.  I don't think I did.  IIRC, the rest of the "Master Plan" involved three pieces of Thunderstrike, I want to say A/D, D/E and A/D/E.  I'm not gonna tell you I did that in anticipation of what you said, b/c this file is from 2012 and who the hell knows what I was thinking.  :)

The way PPM interacts with global recharge, you shouldn't slot any recharge in Levitate if you want maximum FF uptime.

The way the calculation works, you don't lose Proc activations by adding in Recharge, as long as you keep spamming the power at its new Recharge. The chance per activation drops, but the activations per minute increase, so overall you get the same amount of procs.

However, this applies to procs that instance separately, like damage. When you have a proc like FF, where you can't gain the benefit of two of them being active at the same time, it works better if you space out the power activations to make sure that you are never in a position to stack the proc, thus wasting some of its duration. This applies mostly to Force Feedback and Achilles Heel, both of which don't stack... so if you get a new activation with 2 seconds left on the old one, you effectively lose those 2 seconds. But as long as your power's cycle time is longer than 5 seconds for Force Feedback, and 10 seconds for Achilles, it's fine.

Note, however, that you're spending more Endurance in firing the power more often, but not getting more procs per minute... this is fine if you're using the power mostly for its damage or other effect rather than the proc, but if the proc is a major reason why you're firing the power, then you're better off slotting for Endurance Reduction than Recharge Reduction.

The Malaise's Illusions proc is pretty meh I think, but the set gives you a nice ranged defense bonus when six-slotted, and it's a nice placeholder for the Coercive Persuasion set :)

I always thought it was funny how the Malaise set bonuses were just the "kids table" version of what's in Coercive Persuasion.  I think one of the reasons I always avoided the DMG proc in Malaise is I was worried the proc would "spoil" the doesn't-draw-aggro aspect of Confuse powers.

Terrify, though, I think I'll consider the DMG proc for.

The way the calculation works, you don't lose Proc activations by adding in Recharge, as long as you keep spamming the power at its new Recharge. The chance per activation drops, but the activations per minute increase, so overall you get the same amount of procs.

That's only true if you have no global recharge, because the PPM calculation incudes slotted recharge but not global recharge. 

If you have FF in a 19s recharge, 1s animation power, with 2 PPM:

Unslotted, your base proc change is 67% ((19+1)/30).

If you have 0 Global recharge, you're firing 3 times a minute, proccing 2 times a minute, as expected.

If you have 111% global recharge, you're firing 6 times a minute, proccing 4 times.

With 100% recharge from enhancements, your proc rate is 35% ((9.5+1)/30).

If you have 0 Global recharge, you're firing 5.7 times a minute, proccing 2 times, as expected.

If you have 111% Global Recharge, you're firing 8.4 times a minute, proccing 2.95 times.

At high Global recharge, slotting recharge reduces the proc rate dramatically (4PPM vs 2.95 PPM.)