Auto kick out of mission AFK players at the end of mission

Another QoL for SF/TF leaders...

I'm not sure what is the mechanic, but in some instances when I as a leader complete the mission, I can go to the contact and ask for a mission, when that happens anyone inside the mission at the time is kicked out of the mission and the mission is posted.

On other occasions the contact wants to talk about the weather, and will not advance the TF/SF until all players voluntary exits the mission, and if AFK everybody is stuck waiting, and the AFK timer does not work when inside the mission.

So what I am asking, is to always allow the leader to always advance the mission with the contact and force those AFK out of the old completed mission.

Any thoughts, as always please help this be a learning opportunity

V/R

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

22 minutes ago, DrRocket said:

I'm not sure what is the mechanic, but in some instances when I as a leader complete the mission, I can go to the contact and ask for a mission, when that happens anyone inside the mission at the time is kicked out of the mission and the mission is posted.

I have never encountered this mechanic. Anyone willing to enlighten me?

• Moose 1

23 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I have never encountered this mechanic. Anyone willing to enlighten me?

Never recall this happening when I was the star but I have definitely been booted out by some mechanic while still actively in combat while the current mission was complete.

• Moose 1

4 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Never recall this happening when I was the star but I have definitely been booted out by some mechanic while still actively in combat while the current mission was complete.

There are some missions that have a timer to exit everyone when the objective(s) is(are) done, but that is only for very specific missions. I don't think that is what the OP is talking about.

• Moose 1

I know what you are.asking for OP, as it has come up before. All missions should boot people from the mission when the contact is called, on tfs at least, but that is not what the code does. I assume there is a time or coding reason why.

Edited by Gerswin Jr
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

I know what the OP is talking about, however, I don't know what missions allow it specifically.

Some, as the star holder, I can call up the contact for the next mission, and it will auto kick people out of the current, completed mission.

Other times, I have to wait till everyone is out of the mission to make the call (last ones in Synapse have this for sure).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

I've had regular contact missions boot whoever is left inside them if the mission holder exited and joined another team, which effectively abandoned/reset the mission.

So the full effect of that particular feature and its implications may not be desirable in a Task Force. But the part where it terminates the instance and boots the AFK player back to the regular mapserver, sure.