General Sutter's Task Force won't complete

Maldroth

Since this is one of the Strike Targets for the week the GMs have seen a lot of tickets regarding this mission bugging out at the last encounter. I wanted to share two different team attempts to complete this on the 1st of July.

So when we ran Sutter twice yesterday I noticed on the first attempt we didn't get the cut scene and Primal Durvey died and first round of Praetorian Durvey died but we never get the red text about him sending in a clone. On our second attempt we got the cut scene and the clone of Praetorian Durvey spawned but he seemed to have either disappeared or died and didn't trigger if there was more to that encounter. Hopefully that helps the team track down what is going on with that TF

I tried to look up how the encounter should go and saw little information. So not sure if we should only be fighting one clone of Praetorian Durvey or not. I've seen Primal Durvey go down both times so I didn't see a situation of him teleporting away. Right now I'd say something about Praetorian Durvey is not triggering upon his death(s).

Known issue:

Hello, world. Herein I will document urgent known issues with the game.

7/1/19 - Admiral Sutter TF

We are aware of an issue with the final mission where, on occasion after killing both Durays, the mission fails to complete. We are not certain of the cause. It has been suggested that this might be caused by one Duray getting too far from their combat area, so we would suggest not kiting either of him. If this fails, please let us know using the ticketing system (https://support.homecomingservers.com/). We will be happy to complete any stuck missions.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Known issue:

Hello, world. Herein I will document urgent known issues with the game.

7/1/19 - Admiral Sutter TF

We are aware of an issue with the final mission where, on occasion after killing both Durays, the mission fails to complete. We are not certain of the cause. It has been suggested that this might be caused by one Duray getting too far from their combat area, so we would suggest not kiting either of him. If this fails, please let us know using the ticketing system (https://support.homecomingservers.com/). We will be happy to complete any stuck missions.

Yes I know I was asked to include our account of the two runs we had so we can help track down what is causing the encounter to bug out.

• 1 year later
  • 1 year later

Happened to me today. I've got a theory, no idea how true it might be.

If you beat Praetorian Duray first and Primal Duray's running around, Praetorian Duray will spawn in a backup clone to keep you busy. This doesn't happen right away, it goes into some kind of delay queue, the way the skiff backup is on a delay.

If you beat Primal Duray first there is no backup Praetorian Duray clone, the mission completes when Praetorian Duray goes down. This suggests Primal Duray stops the backup from spawning when he dies.

I think this might happen if you beat them too close together and drop Praetorian Duray first. The game queues up a clone that it expects you to beat to complete the TF, but when Primal Duray drops it disables the clone spawn, so now the game is waiting on something that'll never spawn to complete the mission.

This is a complete guess but it fits what I've seen happen every time this mission hung. Whenever we focus down Primal Duray first I've completed this mission with no problem.