Mastermind pet bug when zoning/ changing maps

Rebel230

Last night it started and its still happening this morning. I am level 50 thugs/ cold. If I have all my pets out, and apply both upgrades to them and then change maps/ zone into a mission etc the upgrades are dropping off. I am not sure if its just a visual bug or if they are actually losing the upgrade. It is easy to notice on thugs as the 2 enforcers get the long leather jackets with the level 32 upgrade, when I zone that disappears and they have on just normal jackets, you can see it on the arsonist also as he goes from the skullcap (32 upgrade) back to his long hair.

What's happening, under the hood, is that when you zone into a new map (instanced or shared world) your Pets are "left behind" (with their buffs) on the previous map.  Your Pets are then automagically resummoned into the new zone you've entered, but they're resummoned at the "base" summoning level without the upgrade buffs.  This is why you can watch another Mastermind move to another zone and see their Pets collapse and ragdoll upon the Mastermind zoning.  It is especially common when a Mastermind enters a Mission door from the shared world.  Mastermind goes in and the Pets collapse in a heap on the ground outside the Mission Door.

So that's why upgrade buffs "fall off" whenever you zone as a Mastermind.  I believe that Paragon Studios must have done some interesting hackery of their code so as to "read" the upgrade state of Pets before zoning in order to have that upgrade state carry over to the (resummoned) Pets after zoning as a Mastermind (because other Archetypes don't have this upgrade buff problem) but that code chunk isn't operational here on Homecoming for whatever reason.  It's just a side effect of how Mastermind Pets "work" under the hood.

So WORKING as intended ... even if it is not working as INTENDED ... if you understand the distinction between the two choices of emphasis on the same phrasing.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

See, I got used to MM play before pets zoned with you.

And, out and about, I don't like dragging pets along behind me.

So I just resummon and reupgrade my pets after entering a mission, anyway.  :)

And hey, those upgrade powers are AoE now, too, so that saves a ton of time and  endurance.  :)

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

I don't know about the second upgrade (no MM that high yet) but the first upgrade still auto applies when you zone in - to the extent that I see/hear the f/x of it being applied as soon as I zone in.

It applies until you get the second upgrade.  Once you use the second upgrade, then they lose their first upgrade upon zoning.

There's another annoying Mastermind pet bug when using the elevators in lab maps.  Every third time or so that you use an elevator in a lab map, one or more (usually two or three), of the pets will get stuck, and just keep circling one of the elevators like a rabbit on cocaine.  The only way I've found to fix it is to unsummon the pet(s).  But then the pet(s) will use the elevator as they were supposed to.  So now you have one or more pets that you can no longer control via the pet command window.  The only way to fix that is to unsummon the pet(s) *again*.

It happened a lot when I soloed the Dr. Quaterfield TF on my Thugs/Sonic MM in the various Crey labs.  It was... quite annoying.

I don't know about the second upgrade (no MM that high yet) but the first upgrade still auto applies when you zone in - to the extent that I see/hear the f/x of it being applied as soon as I zone in.

It applies until you get the second upgrade.  Once you use the second upgrade, then they lose their first upgrade upon zoning.

This appears to not happen to everyone, as my Bots are getting both upgrades applied when I zone with them (Including into mission maps). I've been keeping an eye on the buff display to be sure.

This appears to not happen to everyone, as my Bots are getting both upgrades applied when I zone with them (Including into mission maps). I've been keeping an eye on the buff display to be sure.

Hrm.  Perhaps it's just Thugs then.  The OP mentioned Thugs/Cold, and I main a Thugs/Sonic MM.