I Love Being Back!

Abraxus

I just had a weird thought, the "Echo" zones have Mobs and NPC in them, at least I think so from when I was Badge hunting. So what would happen if you rolled a new toon and then went to the Initial Contact for your Origin in Echo: Galaxy City? I actually started a few there when I first started playing ( Issue 1.5 ) and recall the missions were completely different from say 1 - 5.

None of the contacts are there, and BAB is missing from his pedestal; the Freedom Corps building is an empty shell. Which is strange, because if you go to Echo: Atlas Park, Ms. Liberty is in her normal spot on her pedestal, and the origin contacts are down in City Hall where they should be (and I've even gotten introduced to new contacts by them on occasion). So why is everyone missing from Echo: Galaxy City.

I just had a weird thought, the "Echo" zones have Mobs and NPC in them, at least I think so from when I was Badge hunting. So what would happen if you rolled a new toon and then went to the Initial Contact for your Origin in Echo: Galaxy City? I actually started a few there when I first started playing ( Issue 1.5 ) and recall the missions were completely different from say 1 - 5.

None of the contacts are there, and BAB is missing from his pedestal; the Freedom Corps building is an empty shell. Which is strange, because if you go to Echo: Atlas Park, Ms. Liberty is in her normal spot on her pedestal, and the origin contacts are down in City Hall where they should be (and I've even gotten introduced to new contacts by them on occasion). So why is everyone missing from Echo: Galaxy City.

Because SCoRE did Echo: Atlas, and Paragon Studios did Echo: Galaxy...Not saying that's a great reason for them to be different...but looks like SCoRE either had a different view, or didn't bother removing the contacts...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Because SCoRE did Echo: Atlas, and Paragon Studios did Echo: Galaxy...Not saying that's a great reason for them to be different...but looks like SCoRE either had a different view, or didn't bother removing the contacts...

They're also different periods -- Echo: Galaxy has an (inaccessible) AE building and arena, while Echo: Atlas has the original buildings that were torn down when the AE building and Wentworth's were put in, and is missing any connection to Eastgate/The Hollows. This would make Echo: Galaxy City's timeframe sometime after Issue 14, when AE was released, and Echo: Atlas Park's timeframe no later than Issue 1, since Issue 2 added The Hollows.

It feels a little incongruous simply to be stopped in the tunnels out of the echo zones, and for the hazard gate from Echo: Galaxy to Perez Park to be blanked off. I think it would feel better thematically for the zones as 'pockets in time' to have players automatically zoned to the first open Ouroboros zone when they reach the transition point (or click on a guard in the Perez gate). I don't know how possible that would be to do, though.

It's like a super hero movie that has SO many different stories, all told according to the observer/participants choices.  With the video skills of today, someone could make an EPIC movie using this game!  Chronicling the birth of a hero, to their evolution confronting ever more dangerous foes as his powers increase, and finally fully developed with Incarnate abilities to save the world! 

It works for Marvel, and DC.  Heck, I'd watch it!

What was no more, is REBORN!