Strong Poison

You

I have reading on Poison over in the Defender and MM forums. I like the set. I am curious which controller primary would go well with Poison?

Thanks!

Poison is a very weak defensive Secondary at low levels... weak AoE debuffs, no +Defense, and no self-heal. So you want a Primary that has good ability to control/debuff the spawn early on. To my mind, this leaves:

1: Dark Control. Good early controls, plus great -ToHit debuffs. Also bonus damage with Haunts at 18, and a non-aggro Confuse.

2: Plant Control. Probably the best control power very early on carries the set defensively. No need to wait for the set to mature. Also, AoE Confuse bunches up melee targets nicely, which is good for Poison's small-radius AoE debuffs.

3: Electric Control. Okay early controlling, not great, but can set up to sap spawns pretty early. Nice combo later on with Poison Gas Trap... the Trap prevents recovery, and the Electric powers drain Endurance.

4: Earth Control. Good early controls, good debuffing with Earthquake's -ToHit.

^^^^Well that's disappointing to hear.  I just made a Plant/Poison Controller last night because the combination seems like such a natural.  I love Plant Control, but I tried a Plant/TA, Plant/Rad, and Plant/Sonic back in the day, and none of those felt quite right.  I was hoping Plant/Poison would be exactly what I was looking for.

I haven't actually played her after the tutorial (the character creation took me most of the evening to finish -- so much fun!) and I simply ran out of time to play any missions afterwards! LOL  I'll give it a try tonight and see how it goes.

I went grav/poison with the idea of motion sickness affecting targets and myself what with the puking/spitting.

the -def/res defuff right from the get go plays well with gravs hard hitting st attacks.

However poison just falls flat for me with little to no powers that I look forward to unlocking. I rerolled as grav/traps, same concept but only making enemies sick now (traps poison trap makes them puke)