Acid Mortar

ILIWAPCT

I can only answer your first question: I usually put one Accuracy in it, but you can probably live without it. Acid Mortar is fairly close range AND destructible, so it probably won't be up long to attack many mobs you'd need better Accuracy to hit. I don't even bother summoning it against anything orange or higher cons, unless my pets have high aggro.

while it may be true that acid mortar targets enemies and spreads a bit better  if you put it down in the middle of a group it actually has much better range than would seem. However, it generally needs you to personally move near the group before it will start firing.

It does require accuracy to effective against higher cons.

When my slots were tight on my Traps Defender I just had three recharges in it and I was never disappointed. But I avoided Radio teams like the plague. In regular play, and things like TFs the thing does its job straight up and there's always a bit of tactics buffs floating around anyway.

Now that I've done Numina and all the content going forward is being playing by people who want to run at least +2 and prefer +4 if they can pull it off, I've got to put ACC otherwise it isn't going to cut it, especially has an "AV killer" power.

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn