Signature Arc repeats.

Razor Cure

Like..a week ago..you could do the 1st Signature arc on a toon (assume you'd never done it before), get teh 20 merits THEN run it again, right away..and get 20 more.

IO just tried this on a new toon. And got 20 the first time, and the second it was a red reward, and I could only pick 5.

Has this been changed?

Here;s a good article in Paragon Wiki on how this works

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Signature_Story_Arc - go to the Reward Timers section

Basically, the very first time you do a story arc, you can choose whatever award you want.

Once you've played the story arc, a timer is set going forward, about 1 week.  Each time you play in that week, you get an option of several rewards.  Play again with in that week, and you can choose from the remaining awards, but not including the type you picked last time.  Play a 3rd time, and you can choose from the remaining awards, but not the 2 from the last 2 times...etc

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Here;s a good article in Paragon Wiki on how this works

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Signature_Story_Arc - go to the Reward Timers section

Basically, the very first time you do a story arc, you can choose whatever award you want.

Once you've played the story arc, a timer is set going forward, about 1 week.

Okay, did you actually READ the information at the link you posted?  It directly contradicts what you wrote and agrees with what Razor said.

You get to run each story arc ONCE EVER per character where the timer does not count.  So a new character can run the arc and then run it again and the timer DOES NOT APPLY.  In fact, since you get one free run of each arc, you can run all of them consecutively on one character and get the 20 merits each time.  I have done this and this is how it worked for me.  And when I say I have done this, I didn't actually run ALL of them.  I did 4 arcs back to back and got the 20 merits every time since I had never done any arcs on that character.

Having said that, I see two possible issues:

1) Maybe the reward system was changed recently although I don't recall any mention.

2) I don't know if I ran the arc twice in one day.  There is ANOTHER timer that applies to task forces and trials where you get diminishing rewards after the first run on the same day.  That might be applying here.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Okay, did you actually READ the information at the link you posted?  It directly contradicts what you wrote and agrees with what Razor said.

You get to run each story arc ONCE EVER per character where the timer does not count.  So a new character can run the arc and then run it again and the timer DOES NOT APPLY.  In fact, since you get one free run of each arc, you can run all of them consecutively on one character and get the 20 merits each time.  I have done this and this is how it worked for me.  And when I say I have done this, I didn't actually run ALL of them.  I did 4 arcs back to back and got the 20 merits every time since I had never done any arcs on that character.

Having said that, I see two possible issues:

1) Maybe the reward system was changed recently although I don't recall any mention.

2) I don't know if I ran the arc twice in one day.  There is ANOTHER timer that applies to task forces and trials where you get diminishing rewards after the first run on the same day.  That might be applying here.

Couple of questions:

1.) Did I do harm to you in-game, in the forums, in real life, or in some dream state?

2.) Did I argue with anybody in this thread?  Or attempt to intentionally provide wrong information?

Because I did read the article.  There is no need to be insulting about my reading or writing skills...I can certainly see that I didn't communicate clearly, for that I apologize...does this never happen to you?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting