The Cool Kids? Super Group

Zandera

cLw0JZ3.jpg

The Cool Kids? Super Group traces its foundation back before The Great Drought to some obscure date lost to time.  We value nerdiness and hanging out with other fellow cool nerds, whether or not they’re a member of our group.

Now located on the Indomitable server, the few but proud members of The Cool Kids? direct their efforts toward running events for both your and our enjoyment.

Recurring Events:

• Rikti Mothership Raid

-  Run nightly at 8:00pm Eastern – this event is also typically run twice in a row.

-  For more information on Mothership Raids, please visit https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Rikti_Ship_Raid or direct your attention to Eda’s binds.

-  This event is open to both Heroes and Villains of any level, but those level 35+ who have completed the introductory Vanguard arc will receive the best rewards.

-  To participate, please bang drums of any size at the fabled twin tanks, or if you're a more sane person, you can watch for the “lfm post” in Broadcast of the Rikti War Zone and in LFG. 

• Chillin’ with Villains

-  Run the first Monday of every month at 7:30pm Eastern.

-  The heart of this event is to get more activity onto Redside, which contains a wealth of novel and awesome entertainment, but few teams.

-  Task Forces and Trials will not currently be scheduled in advance unless otherwise noted—but they may still be run if you’re looking for this content.

-  We will typically run this even in a League with multiple teams split off running various kind of content.  This helps make team trades and coordination much easier.

-  To join, look for posts in LFG or Broadcast mentioning “Chillin’ with Villains” and “The Cool Kids?” around the start time for the event to meet us on Redside.  If you do not receive an invite promptly, please feel free to send a private message to the organizer posting in the LFG or Broadcast channels.

• Costume Contests 
    -  Run monthly with individual rules.
    -  December 2019 contest information:
Spoiler

Date:  Saturday 12/28 at 4:00pm Eastern
Prize:  First Place 100,000,000 influence, Second Place 50,000,000 influence, Third Place 25,000,000 influence
Zone:  the majestic ski slopes of Pocket D
Judge:  @Eda
Theme:  Christmas!

-  To participate, please gather in the specified zone and look for advertisements in the LFG channel prior to the start time of the event and follow the instructions posted.

One-Time Events:
We're holding an ALL MASTERMIND MSR on Saturday, Dec. 28 at 9:00pm Eastern time.  You must be on a character that is lvl 35+ and a Mastermind to participate!

Discord Server:

We have a Discord!  To join, please use the link in the spoiler tag below.  Non-members of the super group are welcome to join.

If you are new to using Discord, this is a program primarily used for gaming (though there are other communities) to hang out via text chat and voice chat.  To hear voice chat you will need speakers for your computer and to speak to others, you will need a microphone for your computer.  First time users may download the program on the Discord website.  Discord has an abundance of information on getting set up for the first time.

Membership:

The core leadership of The Cool Kids? is a very small group of real-life friends.  There is an invitation-only path into the super group, and you must be well known to current members prior to any offer of invitation to join us.

Perks of being a member of the super group include access and use of super group navigation portals, use of limited public storage and in-base crafting table/store.  You will also gain access to The Cool Kids? Discord as a semi-private space to spend time with your group members.  Invitation to the Discord automatically grants a sneak peek into upcoming planned activity and events and extend an open invitation to collaborate on shenanigans and fun.

Current members:

• @Eda
  • @Zandera
  • @Torcel
  • @Armads68

(as of 09-06-2019)

kCUbH9E.jpg

Edited by Zandera

Indomitable 50's:  (Hero) Luminous Naiad, (Hero) Durability Dispenser

The Cool Kids? will be hosting a costume contest on Friday, July 26th 2019 beginning at approximately 7:00 PM Eastern on some not-full instance of Atlas Park of the Indomitable server.  The single grand prize will be 100 million influence to be paid out by the mysterious and wealthy Paymaster.

In order to participate, please look for the advertisements posted around the start time of the event in the public LFG channel and follow the instructions.  A maximum of 32 participants will be accepted to judge costume submissions in 2 rounds.  Of the 32 participants, 8 will be invited to the second round where participants will be invited to share 1 thing if they so choose (such as an emote, detail about their character, or any one thing).  There is no penalty for choosing to not share an additional thing--you can pass with no penalty.  Those that do share something will just receive a little extra credit.  1 winner will be selected from round 2 for the grand prize of 100 million influence. There is no costume theme for this event.

Judges for the event will be the core leadership of The Cool Kids?, including @Eda, @Zandera, @Torcel, and @Armads68 (the last one only if he's awake and makes it there).  Hope you can join us!

GUHIgXe.jpg

Edited by Zandera
  • Like 1

As of July 22, 2019, The Cool Kids? welcomes @Epitaph to our ranks!  

Our SG is changing from this:

Spoiler

kCUbH9E.jpg

To this:

Spoiler

Z5g4VHr.jpg

in the initial post of this thread

Edited by Zandera

Thank you to everyone who participated in the first ever costume contest sponsored by The Cool Kids? super group.  Can I be honest and say it was really hard to choose a single winner of the 100,000,000 influence prize?  There were so amazing participants with amazing costume entries.  You're all winners in my book! 😥 *sniff*

The winner of today's costume contest was Cultivated Darkness on the Indomitable server.  Cultivated was a gracious winner and exceptionally generous.  Here is the winning costume:

ZY3qjCs.jpg

Congratulations again to Cultivated, and thank you to everyone who participated.  You made some memories for me. ❤️

Edited by Zandera

So apparently one of the game GM's appeared at one of Eda's Mothership Raids ~4 weeks ago as the mothership Giant Monster.  If anyone has any pictures, or if you know which GM it was, or if you know the date, please let me know!  

For our Villains' Night this week, at least one team will be running a tandem arc in Sharkhead, probably Vincent Ross, though we'll be a little flexible.  This will require you to be lvl 20.

Not lvl 20 yet?  You've still got a couple days to get there.  Come to Eda's Mothership Raid (Tues-Sun, 8 PM EST) to get it done quickly and in good company!

And if you're not lvl 20 Monday night, no worries, we'll most likely have another team running in Cap au as well!

Congrats to Torcel and Armads on another exceptionally successfully villains night tonight. 🙂 I'm happy to report The Cool Kids? is positioning to run monthly costume contests through January 2020 as of this post.  The details for the August contest have been confirmed and added to the initial post of this thread.  Here are the details for your convenience:

The Cool Kids? August 2019 Costume Contest

Date:  Thursday 8/15 at 7:00pm Eastern

Prize:  First Place 100,000,000 influence, Second Place 50,000,000 influence, Third Place 25,000,000 influence

Zone:  Atlas Park

Judge:  @Epitaph

Theme:  Original Concept

In other words, the best candidate will have a name that embodies your hero’s character concept that has not been used before.  Powers and powersets should fit with the character name, and costume and auras should also be complementary to the character concept.  Entrants who have the best costume within this theme will win. 

To participate, please look for advertisements in LFG prior to the start time of the event and follow the instructions posted.

Edited by Zandera

• 2 weeks later

Hi everyone, just a reminder the August costume contest is tonight, starting at 7pm Eastern sharp in Atlas.  (I recommend coming a few minutes early so you're ready to reserve your spot as spots will be limited.)  I'm looking forward to seeing all your original characters! ❤️ 

Thank you everyone who participated in our first themed costume contest!  As always, the best part is the heckling and/or support of the crowd.  It makes it so much more fun and also interactive for everyone attending.  

The winner of August's contest is... Eternity's Fallacy!

Q5b0GYg.jpg

This contest we are able to bump up the prize rewards, so the Grand Prize Winner received a whopping 150,000,000 influence this time.  The second and third place winners received 100,000,000 and 50,000,000 influence respectively.

Congratulations again Eternity, and thank you to all that participated!  I'm looking forward to the next one too.

Edited by Zandera

Are you an alien?  Are you fighting aliens?  Are you a ruined building?  If so, you're an excellent candidate for the September 2019 Costume Contest!  Here's the details:

The Cool Kids? September 2019 Costume Contest

Date:  Friday 9/6 at 9:00pm Eastern

Prize:  First Place 100,000,000 influence, Second Place 50,000,000 influence, Third Place 25,000,000 influence

Zone:  Point Du Hoc in the Rikti War Zone

Judge:  @Eda

Theme:  Rikti War Zone

Yes, this theme is exactly what you're imagining.  Bios will be read for this one.  

As this costume contest will take place in the Rikti War Zone, where heroes and villains may team up together, both sides of the alignment spectrum may participate!  To get in on the action, please transition from your nightly Mothership Raid to a costume contest participant!  If you're not in the raid that evening, please look for advertisements in LFG prior to the start time of the event and follow the instructions posted to get one of the participant slots. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later

Thank you to everyone who came out to the dangerous Pont Du Hoc for the Rikti War Zone themed costume contest!  I did not see a representation of a ruined building that was more realistic or convincing than mine, so in absence of that attempt, the winning prizes went to... *drumroll*

Third Place 50,000,000 million influence:  The marvelously magnificent and megalomaniacal Alien Invader!
Second Place 75,000,000 influence:  The tip top tanky and tenacious, Tsov Tom! (@Rich)
First Place (also depicted below) for a whopping 100,000,000 influence:   The crazy, cranky clockwork gal from another dimension.... Millennia!!

zLRz7iM.jpg

Thank you to everyone who participated in this themed costume contest and braved the dangerous Rikti War Zone to participate (even though there were some casualties)!  I hope we see you at the next contest too. 😃

• Thanks 1

(You're welcome TraumaTrain! *squee*)

I have a few updates to make:  The first is that due to a resource issue on the super group administrator team, we will be reducing the frequency of the Chillin' with Villains night from every Monday night to the first Monday of each month.  Hopefully when our lives get a little less hectic, or we can get additional people to administrate the event, we can go back to a more frequent occurrence of this super fun event!

For my second update, it is with a heavy heart that I bid farewell to @Epitaph who is departing our super group.  The members of The Cool Kids? will continue our slow but stubborn efforts to grow our super group member numbers according to our internal policy, continue to provide awesome events to the members of the Indomitable server, and of course continue to have fun in the process. 

I will be updating the first post of this thread with these updates.  In the mean time, fight on, dear Heroes (and okay, I guess you Villains too)!

I'm glad you made it too!  Agreed on all accounts.  I liked the references in bios to the place that the RWZ was before the Rikti invaded.  (White Plains, right?)  I'm not an expert in that lore, but the judge was--so good references!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

That was a fun costume contest. (Tsov Tom here, aka Rich.) Some really good looks! Millennia was super. Great name too. And Angry Invader's Marvin the Martian costume was awesome. 

I'm glad I made it home in time to catch it. 

I couldn't make it....Is there a screencap of Marvin??

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

• 1 month later

Hi everyone, we took a little hiatus for October with the costume contests, but our current plans for the next competition are November 15th with 100,000,000 influence for first prize, 50,000,000 influence for second prize, and 25,000,000 for third prize.  Once the judge has confirmed the details, I will update the first post here so you're in the loop!

• Like 1

Here is the detailed info!

The Cool Kids? November 2019 Costume Contest

Date:  Friday 11/15 at 7:00pm Eastern

Zone:  Khallisti Wharf

Judge:  @Torcel

Theme:  American Thanksgiving

Edited by Zandera
  • Like 1

Thanks TraumaTrain! ❤️ Chillin' with VIllains will be canceled tonight as our usual host has gotten eaten by the Real Life Monster.  Oh noes! 😧 

We will be back on schedule next month.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later

That would be awesome if you would help run a team on the next one Trauma Train. 😄

Random update:  the judge has a new conflict and has asked to move the Thanksgiving costume contest a week from tomorrow.  I will update the first post with this information!

• Like 1