Basic guide to running a mothership raid!

Hyperstrike

Below is a basic layout for running a mothership raid.

Your server may have done (or may do) them differently.

This is how things generally ran on Protector (with allowances made for changes since close).

If the info given here doesn't match YOUR raid style, please feel free to add onto this guide at any point!

Rush the Rikti?  Yep!  That's what Protector called it's weekly ship raids.  If it was good enough for Protector, it's good enough for Paragon!

Here's when we run!

Day: Every Wednesday Night

Time: 9PM Eastern (Click on link to see what that is in YOUR time zone.)

Server: Insert Server Here

Assembly Point: Point Du Hoc.

Raid Pylon Order: 12, 11, 14, 17, 15, 13, 19, 16, 6, 5, 7, 20, 4, 8, 3, 2, 9, 18, 10, 1

RtR-PylonOrder-2.0.png

Also, if anyone is interested in training up/becoming an alternate raid leader for the event, please contact me.

This way, if both Stone and I fall off the face of the earth, the event can continue until we resurface.

Basic Strategy.

• Hit the pylons in order (as defined above)
  • Once all the pylons are down, we move up onto the ship.
  • On the ship, there are 3 "lanes".  Each with 6 grates.  Behind each grate is a bomb.  We need to bust through the grates and set off as many bombs as possible.  NOTE: We're limited to one bomb per team within a period of 30 minutes or so.
  • From here we have everyone gather at the edge of the bowl, buff up and the GM.
  • From here, we basically mass into the center of the bowl and fight off waves.  More durable members can head up around the top of the bowl and into the other wings and draw enemies back to the bowl.
  • Kick Rikti butt until the shield comes back up.

Things to do to prep for the raid.

• Make sure to complete the Vanguard Intro mission!  This way you can earn Vanguard merits.
  • If you're already sitting on a stack of VMs, pick yourself up a Vanguard Heavy from one of the stations in the HQ.  They help make the run go easier.  NOTE: On VERY full runs, we may request that you forego Incarnate and bought pet powers.  The game engine has limits on how many individual entities it can render in a scene.  And an entire league doubling or tripling their numbers this way results in a raid where you can't see ANYTHING.  Masterminds will ALWAYS be able to use their default pet powers though.
  • Add the REQUEST channel to your chat window someplace visible.

Now lag/latency can be an issue in a ship raid.  A zone full of people can really REALLY hurt during the raid.

Here's one of the things you can do to help reduce the network load during the raid.  Turn off sending all buffs.  Here's how!

• Click on Menu
  • Click on Options
  • Go to the Windows Tab
  • Three sections near the bottom  BuffDisplay.png
    • Status Window Buff Display
    • Group Window Buff Display
    • Pet Window Buff Display

[*]The last entry in each is "Stop Sending All Buffs"

[*]Set to ENABLED

Calling bombs:

This is basically how I treat bomb lanes on the ship.

RiktiShipMap.png

We normally come in on the south bomb lane (it's the one closest to the final pylon).

When you call out for a bomb, please do so in BROADCAST.

Also, if you can, cite left or right and the number.

If someone calls BOMB! and you're not sure WHICH one?  MOVE!  PERIOD!

Recurrence: Weekly

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

If you are looking to run your OWN raids, I already have a nice POPMENU script!

It's attached below.

RTR%20Popmenu%202.0.jpg

As noted, there's options for running out of various numbered instances of the RWZ.

Sometimes, running a raid in a zone full of others can be a problem (as a raid almost fills a zone by itself).

So, with GM assistance, they can spin you up a new instance.  Usually the parameter for zone number is 1-14 (with 1 simply being "RWZ" and 2-14 being RWZ2, RWZ3, etc).

Being a bit redundant this way keeps you from having to send additional, manual messages after a "Meet in RWZ" like "I mean RWZ12".

RTR_-_Homecoming.mnu

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are more pylons these days and/or a few have been moved around.  I noticed this when I did a raid on Homecoming for the first time... there's a pylon directly North of pylon 7 (I think I have the number right -- the one close to the back end of the ship / section that's below the ground surface).  I think there may be 1 or 2 others that are different or new, but I noticed that one right away, because I'd never seen it before.  I wondered if I had somehow just never noticed it before, maybe I always went straight to pylon 7 and half the team went and killed this other pylon, but then I realized that the drop ship was a new thing too, so they'd made a change on the SCORE server, and apparently added at least one pylon.  Your map confirms that I wasn't just crazy and had never noticed it, because you don't have it on your map either.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are more pylons these days and/or a few have been moved around.  I noticed this when I did a raid on Homecoming for the first time... there's a pylon directly North of pylon 7 (I think I have the number right -- the one close to the back end of the ship / section that's below the ground surface).  I think there may be 1 or 2 others that are different or new, but I noticed that one right away, because I'd never seen it before.  I wondered if I had somehow just never noticed it before, maybe I always went straight to pylon 7 and half the team went and killed this other pylon, but then I realized that the drop ship was a new thing too, so they'd made a change on the SCORE server, and apparently added at least one pylon.  Your map confirms that I wasn't just crazy and had never noticed it, because you don't have it on your map either.

Yes, there are.  This is part of an older guide I created that pre-existed 19 & 20.  And I don't have a map that both shows the pylons and is free of the raid pathing and pylon numbers.

Looking to see what I can do to replace.

Okay!  The joys of an ultra-high resolution screen!

Max the map out and screencap!

A little Photoshop and VOILA!

Pylon order updated!

What exactly does "stop sending all buffs" do?

Basically all the medallions/icons that show under your status bar?  (Where your health and Endurance are showing?)

It basically turns those off.  Not just for YOU, but it stops broadcasting that stuff to the whole league.

Considering we have 40-50 people (plus pets), all HEAVILY buffed, that's a LOT of needless traffic to and from the server.