Force Field Stacking

Has anyone ever run the numbers on the effects of multiple force fielders in a party? Specifically asking with regard to the Mastermind secondary set (which I believe are at 75% base effectiveness of a Defender equivalent), but any info would be appreciated.

[*]Powers that "improve" when cast from multiple sources - Deflection Shield and Insulation Shield.

[*]Powers that don't specifically say they don't stack - Dispersion Bubble.

My guess would be multiple Dispersion Bubbles would be additive, but I can't even hazard a guess on duration/effectiveness of "improved" Deflection Shields and Insulation Shields.

Lv 50 Ice/Storm Controller

Has anyone ever run the numbers on the effects of multiple force fielders in a party? Specifically asking with regard to the Mastermind secondary set (which I believe are at 75% base effectiveness of a Defender equivalent), but any info would be appreciated.

[*]Powers that "improve" when cast from multiple sources - Deflection Shield and Insulation Shield.

[*]Powers that don't specifically say they don't stack - Dispersion Bubble.

My guess would be multiple Dispersion Bubbles would be additive, but I can't even hazard a guess on duration/effectiveness of "improved" Deflection Shields and Insulation Shields.

The powers stack normally when cast from multiple sources. Each shield has its separate duration and +Defense bonus, and all of the Defense bonuses of all active bubbles are added together.

There are very, very few cases where the same power from two different players wouldn't stack. Two FF MMs with similar slotting, shielding each other, huddling close enough to be in each other's Dispersion Bubble, and both with Maneuvers would easily be over the Defense softcap. Your pets' Defense would be even higher.

However, FF is not a set that benefits as much from having more than one user on a team. Just one of those MMs would be putting their pets and teammate at around 33% Defense to all but Psionic, in which case another support set with more varied buffs/debuffs would likely bring just as much safety, while also improving offense.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

The powers stack normally when cast from multiple sources. Each shield has its separate duration and +Defense bonus, and all of the Defense bonuses of all active bubbles are added together.

Big thanks to Coyote! +1 Inf for addressing all my questions so succinctly.

I was thrown off by this specific phrasing:

You cannot stack multiple [Deflection/Insulation] Shields on the same target; however, the shield can be improved by another ally using the same power.

To clarify, I'm not unaware of how defense stacking typically works, and I am aware that ParagonWiki exists (+1 post count is +1 post count). I was leaving the possibility open that "You cannot stack multiple shields" meant "a player cannot have two instances of this buff active at a time" as opposed to the actual meaning of "You (the caster) cannot stack multiple shields..." Further cementing my confusion was "...however, the shield can be improved by another ally using the same power" which sounded like it was altering an already existing instance of that buff. The change in terminology between statements led me to question the mechanics.

Unintended consequence of being a test engineer and playing a lot of board games/MtG, I guess.

Lv 50 Ice/Storm Controller