Thought experiment: (near) perma hardcap RES TO ALL(!)/hasten, Water/Rad, no inc

Sovera

...arnates. Darn character limit.

Anyway, I was just messing around in Pines and came up with this so I thought I'd share.

Hightlights:

- Alternating Rune of Protection and Meltdown to reach near hard cap to all resists. When Meltdown is up 50% res to psi is the weak point. When Rune of Protection is up Cold is at 70%, Negative is at 72%, Psi is at 45%. Ergo the whole 'near hardcap to all', though the minute our HP starts lowering the Scaling Resists slotted in Tough ought to take over.

Alternating Rune and Meltdown gives 150 seconds of +res to all. Rune recharges in 166 seconds, Meltdown in 132, so Meltdown, Rune, Meltdown is followed by a gap. I hope(d) to nullify this gap by placing a Force Feedback: Chance for Recharge in one of the KD powers Water has. I chose Geyser for it under the assumption we will use it even against a hard target such as an AV. The alternative, Water Sprout, is much less likely to be used on a hard target.

Geyser will thus have 150 seconds to push an extra 16 seconds of recharge. I'm not sure if the math checks out since PPMs, recharge slotted, 100% recharge for five seconds and all is more math I want to mess with. Summoning @Auroxis!

- Hasten is near perma at 124 seconds with +5 and definitely perma with the Geyser procs.

- Water's lower end ST damage is spackled over with KO Blow.

- Rad is rad. Lots of +recovery so I skimped on that. Built-in heal, regen and a absorb shield, etc makes for a very tanky set on top of everything else.

- Water has a lot of AoE which is why I was messing with the build in the first place. Hovering out of range nullifies part of the problem with cones and nothing in the build (with the exception of KO Blow) has us needing to move into melee range, which again helps with the positioning for the cones. Hard(er) targets will have survived our AoE and be in our face anyway which is when we gently boop them on the nose and tell them to respect our personal space.

Zher build:

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

The FF proc doesn't work well with pseudo-pets IIRC, it's best to not rely on it for recharge outside of AoE attacks you cast yourself.

Also I'm not a fan of building purely resists, especially on an AT that has them capped at 75%. I've no doubt that you could perma them, but you're better off keeping the gap and going for more defenses instead. You won't get to the softcap without any incarnate help, but you could be one purple inspiration away:

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

I can't say if it does work consistently. I know it does on Bonfire and Tornado, Carrion Crawlers too, and the recharge goes to us, not the pseudo pet. I'll make an effort to finish leveling and tricking out this build and see how it behaves.

I can't say if it does work consistently. I know it does on Bonfire and Tornado, Carrion Crawlers too, and the recharge goes to us, not the pseudo pet. I'll make an effort to finish leveling and tricking out this build and see how it behaves.

Yeah it works consistently in these powers because it's a buff proc that accrues to the player when you cast the power.  Basically, the game treats them as if they were single-target attacks with extremely long recharge timers - and under the PPM system, recharge timers in the 15-20+ second range almost always cap your proc chance at 90%, though of course it depends on the specific proc; FF's PPM is 2, so any single-target power with an enhanced recharge + cast time over 30 seconds will have a 90% chance to proc it. 

Pseudo-pets are arguably ideal for buff procs like FF, because they don't even need a target.

The new PPM system really does change the build game, as most of us knew it on the live servers.  You can read more about PPM here, though the info at that link isn't 100% correct (the FF proc doesn't have a lockout timer, for example).  Bopper has been doing yeoman's work trying to pin down the details of the system here.  Sunsette has a good discussion on the build implications of the PPM system here.