Importing demorecorded bases??

McCavity

In Paragon Chat, we are able to 'restore' a base from the old COH, IF we ever demorecorded the base, by using the demorecord file when we set up the SG with the Registrar in City Hall.

Will this ever be possible here?

I am reluctant to start over from scratch with a base if the old one can be restored intact.

• 2 months later
  • 6 months later

Unfortunately this isn't possible on Homecoming (or any other private server, as far as I know). That's because Paragon Chat stored the base files locally on your computer. When you weren't online, neither was your base.

To enable base copying, Homecoming would have to create a mechanism that would allow people to upload base files directly onto their servers. It might be possible but I imagine it would be a fair amount of work and a significant security risk.

Edited by Ulysses Dare

Yeah, one of the things a lot of folks don't realize is that in Paragon Chat, if you were visiting someone else's base there, you were basically using that base owner's computer as the game server. There was no central server things run off of. 

• 3 months later

This was actually possible on Resurgence (I got two of my bases from Live uploaded there).  Unfortunately, it's not a thing players could do.  It required work on the devs' end (and them having free time) to do it), which just wouldn't be a feasible method on Homecoming, given the population.  Unless they brought in about 50 more devs to full time upload bases for people.