SD Phalanx Fighting

Harps

PF gives you a base 3.75% defense. So 3-slotted PF should give you around ~6%.

Your call if that's worthwhile or not (I have it slotted on my Elec/SD Scrapper but I aim for 59% defense as my personal soft cap (for debuffs and doing +4/+8s)).

Having a play around, I put 6 slots in and a set of LoTG, according to the attributes, its giving me 3.75%. Weave with one defence IO is giving me 4.61, so looks like its not affected by the sets. I'm solo, but presumably that'll be the same with the team bonus.

On a similar note, True Grit - resistance or heal sets?

Thanks for the replies!

Phalanx Fighting gives you +3.75% defense all the time, and +2.25% defense per nearby ally. The first part is unenhanceable, and since the second is unreliable on a team and near-worthless solo, most builds prefer to build for defense elsewhere instead of slotting Phalanx Fighting for defense. It can be worthwhile if you really want a set bonus or something.

If you only have enough slots for Phalanx Fighting or Weave, definitely slot Weave.

Phalanx Fighting is great for what it is - take it, drop a LotG Recharge in it, and enjoy your free always on minor defense and LotG Mule. Don't slot it beyond that unless you need a defense set mule (which would be odd since Shield +power pools already have a bunch of powers for that).

On a similar note, True Grit - resistance or heal sets?

I typically do 2 piece Preventive Medicine (Heal and Heal/End) for the s/l bonus and +5 each of them. The other 4 go to resistance set. It's not the most health you could squeeze out of it, but shield can get good resists if you push it, and True Grit is one source of that.

On 7/21/2019 at 9:09 AM, Kruunch said:

PF gives you a base 3.75% defense. So 3-slotted PF should give you around ~6%.

Your call if that's worthwhile or not (I have it slotted on my Elec/SD Scrapper but I aim for 59% defense as my personal soft cap (for debuffs and doing +4/+8s)).

Im assuming you mean with Incarnate bonus...or no? If not, I'd love to get a gander at that Mid's link. Only way I can see that kind of value is stacking melee defense, but sacrificing...probably too much in the process.

Thanks Kruunch.

Edited by Star Slayer

14 hours ago, Star Slayer said:

Im assuming you mean with Incarnate bonus...or no? If not, I'd love to get a gander at that Mid's link. Only way I can see that kind of value is stacking melee defense, but sacrificing...probably too much in the process.

Thanks Kruunch.

Yes with Incarnate bonuses. You can reach around 50% melee/ranged without. Not sure what is sacrificed though? (I'll upload the build when I get back to my non-Mac (/rude)).

I meant if you were doing that pre-Incarnate, usually the sacrifice to get numbers like that is +Recharge and some damage. But thats good--would love to see your build and how you're still getting there- with Incarnate stuff I'm sitting around 53% I think, which is still fine, but I'm always curious as to how others are getting there and the sets they are utilizing.

I have a very Damage-Dealing, +Recharge set build so I wouldn't have to rely on +Recharge from  Incarnate slots and could go all damage. I can also post mine later when I have PC access and not on a flimsy chromebook...; P

On 7/24/2019 at 2:56 PM, Kruunch said:

Yes with Incarnate bonuses. You can reach around 50% melee/ranged without. Not sure what is sacrificed though? (I'll upload the build when I get back to my non-Mac (/rude)).

On 7/24/2019 at 8:16 PM, Star Slayer said:

I meant if you were doing that pre-Incarnate, usually the sacrifice to get numbers like that is +Recharge and some damage. But thats good--would love to see your build and how you're still getting there- with Incarnate stuff I'm sitting around 53% I think, which is still fine, but I'm always curious as to how others are getting there and the sets they are utilizing.

I have a very Damage-Dealing, +Recharge set build so I wouldn't have to rely on +Recharge from  Incarnate slots and could go all damage. I can also post mine later when I have PC access and not on a flimsy chromebook...; P

I'd love to see both your builds, I posted my own thread looking for help, as I haven't gotten my numbers as high...