Sorcery explanation

Mystic flight so far as iv seen is comparable if a smidge slower then regular flight and has no hover option available for combat

its teleport option is also similar to regular teleport but doesn't have a recall friend option

all told its an interesting combo power that represents comics well but has no real special in game effectiveness that im aware of

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

The big advantage as a movement power is you get Flight and Teleport in a single power. As a minor boost, it doesn't suffer the massive slow immediately after teleporting where you can barely move. You can still fly at normal speed, making it slightly more useful to chain ports. Disadvantage is that you can't slot the Teleport power, only the flight. Also there is no increased speed or range that you get with Afterburner or Long Range Teleport. Meaning if you want it you have to accept that you're only going to go so fast without spending a bunch of extra slots to pick up those powers.

Also the rest of the Sorcery pool is a mixed bag. The attack has a long cast time but is probably the best pool attack going, and actually useful on characters that either lack decent attacks like controllers, or characters that lack range. I have not made use of the other powers in the pool yet, but I've heard good things. So in the end, if you don't care about the enhanced movement options later on then it's a solid pick. One that I grab on most of my many Magic origin characters.

Rune of Protection is a big boost to resistances and provides status protection, but is a click power.  Still, very good for any character that needs those things.

I don't really know how useful Spirit Ward is, but I always take it because I need two powers to get to Rune of Protection and it's a good spot to mule a Preventative Medicine +absorb IO.

Never tried using Enflame for anything.

Spirit Ward is a good defensive buff for your tank heading into a pack or a teammate in trouble. It's an absorb shield that refreshes every 3 seconds, 5 times for a total of 15 seconds before it dissipates. With extremely high levels of recharge it can be made perma.

Mystic Flight is a better Fly, costs less endurance and gives you the option to teleport. Speed is the same, but you don't get access to Afterburner to increase the cap.

Rune of Protection is a great resistance and CC protection buff that can be up about 2/3rds of the time on a high-end build.

I don't remember this pool from back in the day, can someone please explain how the Mystic flight and teleport compare to their "pure" versions from the original separate power pools?

Arcane bolt is amazing on my illusion/radiation controller, you get another type of control power with some umph with some dps.