Electric Blast Sapper Builds?

Gentoo

I don't see many electric blast builds on Defenders. Does anybody take it? Does anybody build a sapper out of it? Kinetics will drain one guy. Poison trap from Poison set will floor endurance. Anybody other ideas for this?

Kin/elec works(was my main on live) although I might argue Elec/kin for controllers works better(hit 41 on the weekend). Some end game AVs come across as being impossible to drain. It seems like end drain is very all or nothing with few cases you might drain an AV's end at about the same rate as their health goes down while on a team. I can't recall on EBs as I face far more AVs, but it feel like anything below AV was fairly easy to drain unless they resisted, ie sappers. Damage in the blast set is on the lower side since it is defensive. It's a decent set, but not one I want to reroll again. You do have to get your hands dirty with Short Circuit being PBAoE.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Cold Domination and Heat Loss.  The recharge is a little long but if you pop that in a group about ten enemies are gonna lose 66 points of endurance if you've got it six-slotted with Efficacy Adaptor.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

Electric Blast Sentinel is what you're looking for. Their Thunderous Blast has a 90 sec cooldown rather than a 170 sec cooldown. Since Thunderous Blast is one of the few effects that can reliably zero out endurance bars on a crowd, it's really what you should be looking into.

I have Force Field/Electrical Blast. Buff the team with a bunch of extra defense while draining the enemy of their endurance so they can't attack back. Although AVs can't really be drained typically, as well as some EBs.

Edited by bralax

On 7/21/2019 at 6:21 PM, Gentoo said:

I don't see many electric blast builds on Defenders. Does anybody take it? Does anybody build a sapper out of it? Kinetics will drain one guy. Poison trap from Poison set will floor endurance. Anybody other ideas for this?

Poison/Elec would be a good combo. Poison Trap is up in a half minute (slotting to a near perma end drainage) or so and can be made to keep baddies for 10 seconds or so. That would be long enough to apply all of the end drainage you want. 

With my Poison/Beam I've been Spring Attacking (w/ Venom Cloud running), then Poison Trapping. It would work very well with a sapper. Could also go SS+stealth or even Mass Hypno to set up a sleep for a walk in/Poison Sapping/End draining good time. 

Other thoughts would be Rad or Trick Arrow, but their help is only from level 32 on and recharge on their tier 9's are long.

I made a Poison/Electric because that seems pretty unique but haven't gotten to poison trap yet. I am looking forward to seeing how this works out. Poison should also cover the obvious problem of AVs too, which will be hard to drain or keep drained, with poisons powerful single target debuffs. This could turn out to be pretty good.