Well this sucks

Gravitus

OUCH.

'Army of Me' is my absolute favorite title for an MM. I've never had a Bots/FF MM, but...oh the bubbles, oh so many bubbles. I *have* had to hold onto that mission for a level or two before I was able to complete it (back on Live). Didn't have too terrible much trouble on my latest run with Thugs/Traps, but I also had Notoriety set to -1 level, so there WAS that.

Best of luck to you!

Edited by Shazanti
  • Like 1

When I did this back on live, I was rolling with a Ninja/Dark MM. I can’t recall if it looks at the powers you’ve taken and then copies them to the clones, or if it just gives the clones X powers because the AT is a MM. For shits and giggles, have you tried making a petless build to enter the mission with, and then switch (via homecoming-only command for changing builds) before engaging the enemies?

This may have been one of the few missions I had to back down the difficulty level on, and slowly pull clones and “arrest” them. Good luck! 

On 7/23/2019 at 3:00 AM, Gravitus said:

Trying to get the “army of me badge”.

Turns out I’m a bots/ff.

Pretty tough.

I hardly ever post but you just gave me 3 years worth of pure NIGHTMARES!  I LOVE that story arc and title, but never once did I even stop and think about what it would be like fighting some power sets!  >.< I can see it now just bubbles EVERYWHERE! 

T_T I am scared someone hold me!!!

Back on Live I ran that one on my Stalker, got the badge without too much trouble.  The computer fights stupid, it doesn't use the powers to best advantage.  Your best bet is to pull from range, and take yourself out one at a time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hivercide said:

Back on Live I ran that one on my Stalker, got the badge without too much trouble.  The computer fights stupid, it doesn't use the powers to best advantage.  Your best bet is to pull from range, and take yourself out one at a time.

Exactly. Be smarter than the dumb machine. Hell, that's what I pretty much entirely rely on for my gameplay, exploiting the lack of a good AI. If the AI was good, I'd be totally boned in this game.

I'm out.

When I ran with that plant dom, the first time they wiped us and they saw me even through hide + stealth io from the entrance and all came at once, there was no pulling one at a time.   I guess the plant dom gets some pretty crazy +perception from something.

On 7/25/2019 at 10:32 AM, The Philotic Knight said:

Exactly. Be smarter than the dumb machine. Hell, that's what I pretty much entirely rely on for my gameplay, exploiting the lack of a good AI. If the AI was good, I'd be totally boned in this game.

It’s not really a situation of being smarter than the machine. We have 55 targets under 6-12 bubbles a piece ( depending on how many dispersion bubbles hit on each bot) 

almost a anything you you do misses and does reduced damage. 

Best bet bet is to lower the mission -1 your level and everyone bring a tray of yellows ; attempting to eliminate 1 target at a time . You’ll also need someone who’s capable of pulling .

case in point is that this takes preparation and even then you may not succeed. That many bubbles stacked is super hard to overcome.  

Edited by Gravitus

On 7/24/2019 at 4:51 PM, Justisaur said:

You can get the badge with someone else running it.  I got it with a plant dom running it.... which was really hard.  Don't try to run it alone, get a full group, and run it at +0.

You’re absolutely sure you can do this with someone else as the mission holder ? Because that would be the obvious solution .