The "Missing" Incarnates

Is there any scope to put together player-built (or suggested) versions of these? 

I've been absent-mindedly thinking of unique-feeling powers that are mechanically (comparatively) simple to work out as they're based on existing powers as templates.

Mind Some kind of scaling power like Beta Decay's recharge effect or Against All Odds +DMG or Warshade's Mires - as you show more awareness of your surroundings you gain strength. Each enemy gives you some X and each ally gives you some Y. Higher levels could apply damage or control effects or provide a wider array of buffs.

Genesis Should be thematically linked to starting things, so perhaps this could be linked to origins? A buffed version of the Origin powers you get at L1? Turn apprentice charm into a -resistance toggle  that becomes an AoE in its final form (like one of the Rad auras). 

Vitae Perhaps some kind of mirrored buff/debuff - E.g. Applies -DMG to target and DMG to you, -DEF and +DEF, -res and +res etc as you drain the life force from your foe. This could presumably be ramshackled from Kinetics powers like Siphon Power and Siphon Speed. 

Omega Obscenely long cooldown mega-debuff for tackling AVs. Like drops massive (selectable) DoTs and -regen but with a crash - after 30 seconds, you're hit with the same debuff and a (percentile? so it's equal threat across ATs) DoT. When you really, really need something to die no matter the consequences. Think DoT snipe power with a crash like Light Form or one of the T9s. Two pathways could be AoE or single-target.

What do you think?

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

The Lore AMAs had statement from the devs on how Genesis and Omega were going to work:

What were the next few incarnate slots going to be?

JAH: Genesis was coming next, and the basic concept for the slot was creating “patches” or fields that buffed allies and debuffed foes. The Core branches of Genesis powers would get larger areas of effect, while the Radius branches would let you make up to 4 small patches at once at the very rare level. Imagine Sleet or Tar Patch + Accelerate Metabolism or Regeneration Aura + Incarnate-worthy, and you’re on the right track.

-----

Q.) Do you have any insight as to what the Omega Incarnate Slot might be? The others seemed badass enough already. PBAoE kill everything?
A.) Jeff Hamilton would know. I don’t remember if this was Omega or not, but I know one of the latter tiers did allow you to nuke minions through your magnificence. There were also abilities that let you trade off one stat for another. (Hosun)
A) I’ve said this in a couple places but the primary trees which had been sketched out on paper were Arete (instant recharge on all powers for a period), Majesty (cause foes to instantly fight for you and then self-destruct), Infinity (summon doppelgangers of yourself), Transcendence (immune to everything and can attack into Phase), and Fulfillment (major PBAOE +Level Shifts) (Tim)

Edited by Williwaw
Ye gods the Quote format sucks on the new forums.

2 hours ago, Williwaw said:

Ye gods the Quote format sucks on the new forums. 

Ah, thanks! And yes it does. The lack of proper line breaks is annoying me as well as I have to double line break like a barbarian.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

19 hours ago, Gulbasaur said:

Ah, thanks! And yes it does. The lack of proper line breaks is annoying me as well as I have to double line break like a barbarian.

Yeah, but worse... I tried to do it as two separate quotes instead of one long quote, and it wouldn't let me.  No matter how I formatted it, it made the second one a quote-within-a-quote instead of ending the first one and starting the second one.

Anyway, the original plan for Omega sounded really really overpowered, even more so because that wasn't supposed to be the end, and they were already planning a second tree of ten even more powerful slots above it.

(I'm still sorry the game went down in 2012, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I think that if it hadn't gone down, the game would be completely unrecognizable by now)

I imagine eventually they'd have so much Incarnate content that many of these Incarnate powers would only be useable within that specific content..

Like you could only use Omega and Genesis vs the Battalion etc.. Otherwise ya, you'd be able to solo the ITF by simply looking at Rommy funny.

Edited by Primantis

49 minutes ago, Primantis said:

I imagine eventually they'd have so much Incarnate content that many of these Incarnate powers would only be useable within that specific content..

Like you could only use Omega and Genesis vs the Battalion etc.. Otherwise ya, you'd be able to solo the ITF by simply looking at Rommy funny.

Rare is the game, even those not endgame focused, that does not eventually make its old content trivial in difficulty. 

Everlasting: American iDoll, Dumbelle, Chernobyl Rose, Caged Cuckoo, Joseon One

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

1 hour ago, Primantis said:

I'd very much enjoy soloing some of the hardest TFs in the game. Once. Beyond that, not so fun, kind of boring.

I want to get to the point where I can roll up to Recluse fully powered up in a Master Of run and just say "Hey buddy, wanna free ticket to the moon?" before punting him there, just to say I did.