Can you use IO "Chance for Build Up" to Replace the Build Up Power?

HellsFury

I am planning my spines/fire build and I am wondering about the following:

1.) Can build up stack?  If I use the Build Up power and also have Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build Up, can these 2 versions of Build Up stack?  Or should I simply use the IO to replace Build Up in my build?

2.) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build Up - says it has a 5% chance to work, is that 5% chance every second?

3.) Does the Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build Up result in the very same build up as the Fire set Build Up; lasts for 10 secs with the same To Hit and Damage bonuses?

The chance for build up proc doesn't replace the effects of the Build Up power, it's in addition to it. It has a chance to go off every time Build Up is activated or whichever power the enhancement is slotted in. 

I think it only lasts for 5 seconds. I'm only able to get a few powers off while it's active. 

Awesome, thanks.  So I will still take Build Up and I will strive for this IO as well.  

I found in Pines it says that Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build Up lasts for 5.25 secs and gives +40% to Hit and +80% Damage.

Yeah I was going to suggest you look it up in Pine's 

It's great if you put it in a click power (that slots to-hit buff), but I don't recommend to out it into something like Tactics where it will fire off randomly, which to me seems to be right after I killed the last mob.

It's especially great if you have a power that you use as an opener, like Aim where you get a chance to get both the buff from Aim and Buildup.

• 3 weeks later

Thanks guys/gals.  I wish I read this when you wrote your responses (I was on vacation and then got buried in work upon my return).

It turns out that I did in fact slot it in tacits, I will change it over to BuildUp per the suggestions from you all.

It actually works good, if randomly, in tactics.  Seems to fire based on team size though.  You can even get 2 stacks once in a blue moon.  

Good choice for SS who don't get a normal build up.  Or something like claws.

Solo though it only seems to fire about once a minute and never when you need it.