Mystic Flight

I think because you get both flight and teleport (translocation) with that, both of those are slower/have less range than the separate powers. Your max flight speed is slower and your teleport distance is shorter. Which may be meaningless to most.

I don't think it's better, just different.

I prefer the TP in mystic flight to the regular TP as i'm notorious for failing to click a new destination quick enough and thus usually fall out of the sky. The fly/TP combo here stops that.

I prefer regular fly however as it's a. quicker and b. let you get Afterburner...

I think because you get both flight and teleport (translocation) with that, both of those are slower/have less range than the separate powers. Your max flight speed is slower and your teleport distance is shorter. Which may be meaningless to most.

They're actually both the same flight speed and teleportation distance.

To answer the OP, yes, technically Mystic Flight is better than Fly because it comes with Translocation and that's only difference between them. However, powers were always balanced in their sets as a whole, so... is the Sorcery pool better than the Flight pool? THAT can really depend.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

They're actually both the same flight speed and teleportation distance.

To answer the OP, yes, technically Mystic Flight is better than Fly because it comes with Translocation and that's only difference between them. However, powers were always balanced in their sets as a whole, so... is the Sorcery pool better than the Flight pool? THAT can really depend.

Sorcery comes with a few powers the normal travel powers don't:

Buff: Spirit Ward [Ally, +Absorb over time]

Ranged Attack: Arcane Bolt [Ranged, Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe Knockdown]

Buff/Debuff: Enflame [Ranged Friend/Foe, Special]

Self Buff: Rune of Protection [self, +Res(All Dmg, Hold, Sleep, Immobilize, Knockdown, Disorient)]

That makes it quite a bit different than Flight Pool...That is also extra powers that can take up your own power slots. But, if you're a melee AT or a range AT, these powers can fill holes.

Sorcery comes with a few powers the normal travel powers don't:

Buff: Spirit Ward [Ally, +Absorb over time]

Ranged Attack: Arcane Bolt [Ranged, Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe Knockdown]

Buff/Debuff: Enflame [Ranged Friend/Foe, Special]

Self Buff: Rune of Protection [self, +Res(All Dmg, Hold, Sleep, Immobilize, Knockdown, Disorient)]

That makes it quite a bit different than Flight Pool...That is also extra powers that can take up your own power slots. But, if you're a melee AT or a range AT, these powers can fill holes.

Worth mentioning here, Sorcery was not designed as a new Travel pool. It was the start of a series of Origin pools that would each contain a travel power that fit thematically with the game's available origins. That's why it's so different from the Flight pool and what makes it a little complicated to compare it to Flight. Asking if Mystic Flight is in every way superior to Fly is like asking if Air Superiority is in every way superior to Boxing. At face value, the answer would be yes, but we all know that you can't compare Flight and Fighting that way. They each serve different purposes.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"