How much does a Tanker cost?

Daramar

My main was a Scrapper back on live, but now am rolling about 19 different alts (😛 ) of which about 16 are Brutes.

Reading the Brute forum/guides a low end just get-by build can be had for 100-200 mill Inf. A top of the line solo AV/GM build can go for upwards of 1 Billion!!. 500-800 mill INF is about middle ground.

How much are Tanker builds? From the "OH Crap I can't believe we survived that" all the way to **Yawn** another GM?

I don't really know how to answer that as it's highly dependent on the primary and secondary as well as what your expectations are for the build.  For an Invuln tanker you could probably get the vast majority of the maximum durability for $50 million.  From there it's all down to how you want to tweak things.

Frankly a competent player can handle tanking nearly anything in the game with SO's and a decent team behind you.  Set bonuses make things easier sure but what you spend on your build is all up to what you want to accomplish and what you're willing to spend to get there.

Most set IO's cost less than a million each even buying them crafted on the auction house; if you're crafting your own then that can drop to MUCH less.  Yes, some highly desirable IO's sell for more but outside of a VERY few I don't see many prices over 5 million per IO.  I've been doing a lot of marketing recently and I seldom see even the Miracle +recovery or Numina +regen/recovery uniques selling for much over 7 million.  Purples, now yes they are expensive but I generally don't look at them in a tanker build unless I'm going for a no holds barred ultimate build.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

I probably have spent less than 20 million in inf on Heraclea (Inv/DM), and she has one set of Superior Might of the Tanker, is working on the other ATO, two sets of Kinetic Combat, and various other IO sets.  She is softcapped at resistance to S/L, has defense in the 40-ish level to most everything but Psi, and I am generally satisfied with her performance.  It helps a lot that I run a lot of TFs and buy recipes with merits specifically to avoid the AH.  I also stockpile yellow and orange salvage and share it among all my characters through bases, again to avoid the AH. 

Incarnate stuff is the other path to buffing your level 50 character, and inf pays a minor role there.  Mostly it's about grinding out the threads and shards, and every character has to run this grind for herself. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

3 hours ago, Daramar said:

So I should probably stop reading the Min/Max build guides ...lol

Possibly so.  You need to weigh benefit vs cost, most builds I've seen reach 90% or more of their potential with 20% of the cost. Yes, a perma-Phantom Army Illusion/Rad controller is a very expensive undertaking however it's considerably cheaper to build defenses than to build 200% recharge bonuses.  

Shop around a bit for other sets too... for example in my Invuln soft cap guide I suggested the Kinetic Combat set for S/L bonuses, but also mentioned that the MUCH less expensive Pounding Slugfest set could also do the job if you slotted an additional set of them.

Many sets are like that, while the expensive set offers better bonuses you could substitute a cheap set and slot two sets of them for the same benefit at a tiny fraction of the cost.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

I paid somewhere between 500m and 800m for my WP/SS tanker. I seem to only die if;

1. There is an instant-death mechanic in the encounter, or
  2. Something disables all my toggles (e.g. with stamina drain).

I'll tell you something though, it certainly teaches you how to make easy inf (use the guide on the forum!).

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

In the current condition of the game, you shouldn't let money stop you from making whatever build you want. There are a ton of guides on the forums on how to milk farms, black market, merits, etc ... where you can easily accumulate the resources you need for the build that you want.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:51 AM, Daramar said:

My main was a Scrapper back on live, but now am rolling about 19 different alts (😛 ) of which about 16 are Brutes.

Reading the Brute forum/guides a low end just get-by build can be had for 100-200 mill Inf. A top of the line solo AV/GM build can go for upwards of 1 Billion!!. 500-800 mill INF is about middle ground.

How much are Tanker builds? From the "OH Crap I can't believe we survived that" all the way to **Yawn** another GM?

If you're min/maxing and depending on the tank primary and secondary, then the same forum/guides cost projections will ring as true on tanks as well. Brutes and Tanks use a lot of the same Enhancer sets after all.