Help with a concept

Boon

I am wanting to make a Wanted type character I know DP would be the way to go for primary but any suggestions on Secondary. I have a DP/Ninjitsu and I am not sure if it is my current level or just the way I play but I love the pistols but find Ninjitsu rather icky to play.

Icky?  What level are we talking here?  If it is in the low levels, then what you feel right now is going to be a common theme no matter what you pick.   

What ammo types are you running?  

Wesley in the comics had an uncanny knack for killing people and he had an uncanny knack for surviving in order to kill people. He is described as not having any powers, but displays multiple feats of superhuman reflexes.  Super Reflexes on Sentinels doesn't need a click power for its mezz protection, but it still has a power (Master Brawler if you decide you want it vs Practiced Brawler) that grants an absorb shield.  It's not a very active set and also comes with passive endurance recovery.  

Willpower on Sentinels is OK.  It's version of the regeneration toggles is not tied to the number of enemies nearby and doesn't require melee range to function.  You just get a straight increase to your regeneration rate 24/7.  That's pretty cool, but Sentinels don't get Brute level hit points so regeneration on the whole is kinda "meh", in my opinion.  WP is still a very consistent set.  However, you may not find it is any more durable than Ninjutsu at the low levels.  

Damage wise, DP is going to feel a little rough as you work your way up but it can come into its own later.  If you want to really push its damage, then you'll want damage procs like Touch of Lady Grey.  The best path to include damage procs, again my opinion, is getting your secondary to cover your defenses.  If you just want to have a smooth combo, and damage isn't the concern then Willpower will work just fine. 

Master Brawler is what you want. It adds mez protection to your toggles, so you never have to worry about that. And it's an extra absorb shield at your convenience.

Really, it's superior in every way to Practiced Brawler save for the hypothetical situation where so many mezzes would be flying around that they would 1) hit you through your defense AND 2) pierce through your regular mez protection.

Needless to say, Master Brawler is so often the best pick it feels as if the Master Brawler/Practiced Brawler choice was added either as a way to improve SR without breaking the cottage rule, as a test of tech, or possibly both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Willpower would be good, just realize its limitations. At the very early levels, before Quick Recovery, it can be a little slower. QR is the main reason to take Willpower in the first place - dat regen. Also, Will doesn't handle alpha strikes as well as other secondaries. Although Sents are more durable than Blasters, they still have vastly lower health pools than, say Brutes. Will on a Brute is great despite the alphas. Will on a Sent is going to be less forgiving. However, Will does make up for it in plenty of other areas. If you want a simple, set-and-forget secondary that will fit your theme, Will can float your boat.