Radiation Armor's Beta Decay for Tankers

Kimuji

For Brutes Beta Decay is a 400%/Mag 4 taunt aura whereas it is only 300%/Mag 3 for Tankers. As I can't imagine it being intentional (why the hell would you want the Tanker's aura worse at holding aggro than the Brute's?) I am assuming it is a bug.

• Like 1

Willpower's "Rise to the Challenge" has +300% taunt too. But does that even affect anything? Magnitude usually affects in a way that if it's higher than target's protection effect takes place, if it's lower - effect doesn't take place. But all enemies, players and pets alike always have 0 taunt protection (there might be taunt resistance, but protection is always equal to zero). l would like Number Six or someone else to clarify if Taunt magnitude affects taunt's strength or no...

l tested on Private Server AI behavior, and putting Mag 3 taunt or Mag 4 taunt increases taunt duration counter by same amount.

Edited by Purrfekshawn

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

Rise to the challenge is identical between Tankers and Brutes, 300% for both. And it has another issue: a ridiculously short duration, the taunt effect fades before it is reapplied. Rise to the Challenge is notoriously bad. Beta Decay is also +300% but it has a longer duration so it's not as bad as RttC.

But regarding Beta Decay the difference between ATs is intriguing, it might be just an impression but I have felt several times that it was easier to pull enemies out of my /Rad Tanker's aggro than with my other Tankers/Brutes (except Willpower of course). I wouldn't mind a clarification on Taunt magnitude's effect indeed. But to be on the safe side I'd bump the Tanker's values to match those of the Brute.

• Developer

Taunt Magnitude only maters when the enemy has Taunt Protection, but at the same time, enemies with Taunt Protection (most notoriously, Banished Pantheon Masks) usually have so much (-100) that it does not mater how strong your taunts are, you wont overcome it.

If only one player lands a taunt on a foe, the foe should focus on them regardless how much damage other players do. If multiple players land taunts, the enemy should focus on the one that lands the longest-lasting taunt (regardless how many taunts are in effect.)

This will still be fixed as time allows, if only for consistency sake, but it should not impact gameplay (unless there is some critter out there with mag 3 taunt protection.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

On 8/5/2019 at 6:47 AM, Captain Powerhouse said:

Taunt Magnitude only maters when the enemy has Taunt Protection, but at the same time, enemies with Taunt Protection (most notoriously, Banished Pantheon Masks) usually have so much (-100) that it does not mater how strong your taunts are, you wont overcome it.

If only one player lands a taunt on a foe, the foe should focus on them regardless how much damage other players do. If multiple players land taunts, the enemy should focus on the one that lands the longest-lasting taunt (regardless how many taunts are in effect.)

This will still be fixed as time allows, if only for consistency sake, but it should not impact gameplay (unless there is some critter out there with mag 3 taunt protection.)

Well in a version of powers.bin file, that's currently used for Homecoming a responsible thing for it is:

Address 0x01D36118
And also 0x01D361E4

Both fields contain floating point values those are equal to
00 00 40 40 (which stands value 3 with floating point)
And they're 4 for Brute Beta Decay, so maybe correct them for Tanker too, making it
00 00 80 40 (which stands value 4 with floating point)

On my experimenting on Private Server it changed Beta Decay's tooltip to +400% taunt.

Also another thing could be fixed (for Tanker_Melee.Martial_Arts.Crane_Kick):
0x01DA3FB0

00 00 00 00 (means single target attack)
replace to
02 00 00 00

Because Crane Kick martial arts power can't hold aggro in a sphere, being tagged as single target attack. It became able when l corrected it.

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/