Can't Log in to COH

jhonto

I can't seemingly log into the game all of a sudden. I had no problems the previous day, I don't think anything has changed on my system. I am able to log into the forums. 

Is it possible I have been hacked? Banned? Is there a status page somewhere that I can check I have still got an account etc?

Try checking your UserID and Password (I know, I know, you've already done that), but humor me...

Go here and double check your User ID, and change your password to something easy and then try again

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/gameaccount/

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

17 minutes ago, AngelFly99 said:

I am having trouble logging in as well but I tried changing my password and still nothing, any other suggestions?

What troubles are you having?

Did you use the specific link I listed?  Because there are 2 usernames and 2 passwords (one for the forums->obviously you have that one. and one for the game->the link I provided)

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

• 11 months later
  • Game Master
3 hours ago, dalek1313 said:

Any ideas on retrieving the ingame account name?

Click here.  You'll see it on the line that says "Your Account Username is..." It was set when you made your game account, and once set it can never be changed.  

If the line is able to be entered, then you never set one and it can be anything you like.  Only you will ever be able to see it: your game account username and global username have independent of each other.

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

I'm new here, and having this problem as well.  I double-checked my username, changed my password multiple times, and still can't log in.  When I try, it looks like it works, but the only server listed is "Unnamed."  When I select it, it sits there for a few minutes then kicks me back to the login screen.  I have been able to log in to the game exactly one time.

Edited by WarDragon

• City Council
36 minutes ago, WarDragon said:

I'm new here, and having this problem as well.  I double-checked my username, changed my password multiple times, and still can't log in.  When I try, it looks like it works, but the only server listed is "Unnamed."  When I select it, it sits there for a few minutes then kicks me back to the login screen.  I have been able to log in to the game exactly one time.

If you see a single "Unnamed" server then you're likely not launching the game correctly.  Please make sure you've validated everything in Tequila/Island Rum and launch the game from there, not by running the cityofheroes.exe directly.

1 hour ago, Mimiru said:

If you see a single "Unnamed" server then you're likely not launching the game correctly.  Please make sure you've validated everything in Tequila/Island Rum and launch the game from there, not by running the cityofheroes.exe directly.

Yep, that did it.  I was trying to do it from a shortcut on the desktop, I'll make one for Tequila instead.  Thanks!

• 1 year later

I have been having problems logging onto the game it keeps telling me that the password and user name arent right....I logged on tuesday and the next day i couldnt 

I know its not my user name and passowrd cause I can log on on a different computer which would be fine but its not my computer...

Check the basics:

Is the caps lock on? It could be that simple.

Remember Forum Account and Game Account are not the same, go to the top of this page, click on "Account", then "Game Account", the User Name will be shown and the password can be reset there.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I'm having a  different problem. Tequila is giving me an error when I try to launch it. I was playing fine earlier this morning. I downloaded the Tequila again but get the same Manifest error, when I launch it.

image.thumb.png.e1a054915476459c7159025b80e8567e.png

Edited by Kyo83
Adding more info

• Game Master
11 hours ago, Kyo83 said:

I'm having a  different problem. Tequila is giving me an error when I try to launch it. I was playing fine earlier this morning. I downloaded the Tequila again but get the same Manifest error, when I launch it.

image.thumb.png.e1a054915476459c7159025b80e8567e.png

Try using the new launcher instead https://manifest.cohhc.gg/launcher/hcinstall.exe