Everlasting Server Pocket D adjustment?

Tony Amore

Dear Devs,

Any chance you could remove the NPC bartender from the large bar on the upper level blue side of Pocket D on the Everlasting server? We have Heroes and Villains that like to moonlight as bartenders there and the NPC gets in the way. And as always, thank you again for bringing our beloved city back!

• 2 weeks later
Just now, reconfigureyourface said:

Can we also agree RP bartenders need to have a thick skin and not block people? Cuz that def screws with RP. K? K 🙂 

Yeah, had someone block me that was a "bartender" cuz I wouldn't ERP with them (my body/mind my choice!). They then told everyone in the D to not RP with me. Pretty dumb. Should need to be a Server approved/dedicated person if they are in Pocket D. One person that dictates the RP for people who they like or dislike is uncool. Personally I think an RP bartender should be banned period because they have TOO much control and the GMs can't really monitor that.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Icey-Lady said:

Yeah, had someone block me that was a "bartender" cuz I wouldn't ERP with them (my body/mind my choice!). They then told everyone in the D to not RP with me. Pretty dumb. Should need to be a Server approved/dedicated person if they are in Pocket D. One person that dictates the RP for people who they like or dislike is uncool. Personally I think an RP bartender should be banned period because they have TOO much control and the GMs can't really monitor that.

Sadly I have an idea of who that is/was. I am sorry that happened!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Icey-Lady said:

To mention, rp bartenders have no actual power. They are not GMs, they are not narrators, they are not the arbiters of anything.

An RP bartender is no different than an RP arachnos arbiter or PPD officer.

And literally anyone can walk behind the bar and claim to be a bartender.

Don't get me wrong, your experience was a shit one, and I wish we had means of doing something to the person responsible (though depending on the nature of the requests for ERP you possibly could have reported them for harassment), but banning or vetting RP bartenders is at once unenforceable and also serves to take away people's fun.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:37 PM, reconfigureyourface said:

Can we also agree RP bartenders need to have a thick skin and not block people? Cuz that def screws with RP. K? K 🙂 

You were being nasty to others OOC... so I ignored you... and then you interfered with my RP... and you say I'm the one without thick skin... let me give you some advice, if you can't be nice OOC, don't play.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:43 PM, Icey-Lady said:

I am sorry that happened to you, as it makes all RP'ers in that category look bad. I always do my best to treat my "customers" with courtesy and respect both IC and OOC. And those who choose to be jerks and trolls OOC, I simply block them. I'm here to play nice.