Best DPS spec?

ceto555

Hiya folks,

I'm looking to try my first tanker ever, I was wondering what the best dps powersets are? I know Tankers aren't about dps, but i'd like to pick the powers that won't take forever and a day to kill stuff, especially when i'm fighting groups.

Thanks!

My Bio/Spines is my dps Tanker.  Two damage auras and the endurance to run them.  You have three modes you can run in, one of which boosts your damage output by 30% at the price of increasing incoming damage. 

Fire/Spines is very popular for Brutes and probably would work for Tankers as well.  

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Frankly if you want DPS I'd go with either a Brute or Scrapper, either can be very tough and leaps and bounds better at damage than a Tanker.  Unless you want to tank for a team you'll be happier with either of them than with a Tank.  That said, the classic answer for a damage dealing Tanker was Fire/Fire and it's still pretty good today, Fire melee is one of my favorite sets.  Shield is another good set for boosting damage and it's quite durable.  The ever popular Electric/Shield combination is a staple with Brutes and Scrappers; I see no reason it wouldn't work well for Tankers.

Anyway, think it over and decide what you want to do as your focus.  Tank and protect the team?  Then by all means roll a Tanker.  However if you just want to do a lot of damage and survive then consider either a Scrapper or Brute.

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Based on the base damage/DPA - and the results posted on the pylon thread, Titan Weapons is probably the best damage available to Tankers.  Probably most damage would be with Bio then possibly one of the other damage type primaries (possible rough order -fire, rad, electric, dark  TW doesn't work with shield) 

But like they said above- its probably easier to build a brute's survivability up to SO Tanker levels.   Then any Melee set would likely work  

• Like 1