Psi Damage Fortunata Build

Hey, I just made this Psi based Fort build on a whim. Went for perma haste and Mind Link. Ended up with crazy looking defenses and enough recharge. I would like pointers on how this can/should be improved with a focus on a few things.

1. This stays the Psi/Ranged focus. I know it's better damage to build the melee attacks, but this is a build for the fantasy of being a psychic attacker.

2. I know the positional defenses are soft-capped (or at least I think they are) do I need to actually reduce the amount of defense to be less wasteful?

3. I was so focused on getting the recharge to the point of perma haste, I just grabbed a bunch of good recharge set bonuses and ended up with a lot of slots left over. I just threw them at attacks mostly and slotted what seemed to give me a little extra resistance. What is the mindset I need for optimizing at that point of a build/how do I look to improve this build with "leftover" slots?

Villain Plan by Hero Villain Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Unnamed: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mental Blast -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(7), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Apc-Dam%(15)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Subdue -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(40)
Level 4: Telekinetic Blast -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(5), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Dcm-Build%(17)
Level 6: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43)
Level 8: Psychic Scream -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(9), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(11), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Rgn-Knock%(13)
Level 10: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 12: Dominate -- Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(21), Dcm-Acc/Dmg(21), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 14: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A), GssSynFr--Build%(43)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(23)
Level 24: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(25), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(25), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), RedFrt-EndRdx(31), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(34)
Level 26: Mind Link -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), Rct-Def/Rchg(27), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29), Rct-Def(31)
Level 28: Total Domination -- GldNet-Acc/Hold(A), GldNet-Dam%(36), GldNet-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(36), GldNet-Rchg/Hold(36), GldNet-Acc/Rchg(37)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dam%(33), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 35: Electrifying Fences -- TraoftheH-Dam%(A), TraoftheH-Acc/Rchg(42), TraoftheH-Acc/EndRdx(42), TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(42), TraoftheH-Acc/Immob/Rchg(43)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(39), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(39), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(39), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(40), CrcPrs-Conf%(40)
Level 41: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), TtnCtn-ResDam(45), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(45), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Ball Lightning -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(46), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(46), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(50), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Summon Striker -- CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(A), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(48), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(48), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Conditioning 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(17), Pnc-Heal/+End(19)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(7)
------------
------------

Looks like a really fun build. In regard to your defense question you might actually like a little more. You have virtually  no defense debuff resistance so one hit from mobs that debuff defense (think swords and machine guns) will have a very good chance of giving you a cascade failure

Edited by TheAdjustor

They don't have access to the Ancillary (hero epic powers) but they do get access to the Patron Powers (villain epic powers) after completing the final patron arc mission. I can confirm this from my level 50 Fortunata on Homecoming. 

Favourite toons:

Level 50 Widow (Fortunata): Dance Macabre (Indomitable)

Level 50 Soldier (Crab): The Arms Race (Indomitable)

Level 50 Brute (Psi/Rad): Glow Cloud (Indomitable)

@Pyro Technix

7 hours ago, TCUFROGS said:

Interested in this build, but this might be a silly question, but why not just go Psi Blaster for more damage? Is there a reason this build is more viable for Widows? (Asking because Widows interest me, but I don't see many)

It's a different Archetype entirely. You go Fortunata 'cause you want the big Team Buffs and the Psi Damage and the Personal Safety.

I've got a level 31 Fortunata I'm working on who survives melee combat better than the Electric/Shield scrapper I routinely team with. But when she's buffing him, he's unkillable by content of similar level.

• 2 weeks later