Sentinel's Ward ATO proc questions

indigni

I've been playing around with a proc based Sentinel build, and with a PPM of 6, I was intrigued by what sorts of shenanigans you could pull with the Ward ATO. Does anyone have data on the following?

-Does anyone know the base +Absorb gained from the proc? (Superior version?)

-When slotted in an AOE, does the resulting +Absorb from proccing on multiple enemies stack? Or does it just give you the base value once?

-Does slotting Ward in a low base recharge ability like Gloom provide noticeable effects? The 53% recharge decimates the proc chance, but it seems like I see a number of builds using the Ward ATO in low CD abilities, but with a probability of around ~65%, how much does a small absorb on 2/3 of the casts on 1 attack in your chain help?

1 hour ago, indigni said:

I've been playing around with a proc based Sentinel build, and with a PPM of 6, I was intrigued by what sorts of shenanigans you could pull with the Ward ATO. Does anyone have data on the following?

-Does anyone know the base +Absorb gained from the proc? (Superior version?)

-When slotted in an AOE, does the resulting +Absorb from proccing on multiple enemies stack? Or does it just give you the base value once?

-Does slotting Ward in a low base recharge ability like Gloom provide noticeable effects? The 53% recharge decimates the proc chance, but it seems like I see a number of builds using the Ward ATO in low CD abilities, but with a probability of around ~65%, how much does a small absorb on 2/3 of the casts on 1 attack in your chain help?

- Not yet, I've noticed the +Absorb varies based on targets.  I've had it grant me +1000 when hitting a level 1, and +19 when hitting level 54's.  It's an on going experiment, but I'm all for seeing other player results!

- Have not seen it stack but each AoE hit DOES roll the PPM 6 chance. As such, I often prefer this in a 10-target AOE but that varies based on primary/secondary pairs.

- See point one, not once has the Ward been a noticeable effect on any content that matters.  If you play any of the secondary sets with an absorb the proc will just be a drop in the ocean.  It is noticeable, in how tiny the effect is, on secondaries with absolutely no absorb to begin with (e.g., Ninjutsu).  So where you put it matters very little.

The Opportunity Strikes proc also sucks the more and more I dig into it.  Though there are some primaries that seem to make better use of it than others.  Still, for the utility these two procs should hypothetically be giving the real results are very underwhelming so far. 

Now, that said I haven't tried the Ward proc in a Tier 9 yet.  Generally I wouldn't do that because there are often better things to be putting into those, but it is possible that the activation of an Ultimate may make the Ward yield a bigger shield. 

It seems to be based on a percentage of damage done, which at even or higher level, will be paltry. Putting it into a AoE does get slightly better results, but only because you're getting more than one proc. The best proc I've gotten so far was barely enough to absorb a single hit. Absolute trash proc for a ATO.

Related question: Does Absorb stack at all? My dude is /Regen, so he pretty constantly has an Absorb shield up. I haven't paid close enough attention to see if the proc either refreshes, replaces or adds to whatever (higher) value he already has up. Either way I guess it doesn't matter, since that 6-slot bonus is hard to pass up!

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...