Vahzilok Wasting Disease

Marine X

Does anyone recall this mission Arc and who the contact is to get it. I remember going through this on Live and actively avoiding running the arc ever again, but now in my older, more Sadist days wouldn't mind doing it again. It wasn't just the "swarm of flies" buzzing around me constantly but the almost complete lack of endurance and health recovery that drove me nuts, like going to work with the flu. Mission after Mission gimping along, sounds like fun, lol.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Dr. Anne-Marie Engles/Pavel Garnier/Juliana Nehring in Skyway City or Olivia Chung in Steel Canyon.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Crap, I was looking forward to the suffering, only time I ever recall a debuff lasting even when out of the Missions. I could barely survive street hunting till I cleared that Arc.

Oh well, Guess it's time to roll that Petless Mastermind.

Marine X

I think it used to last longer. I played this Arc on the Original Marine X, which he would have been in the level range of this in late 2004 at the latest, and I remember it was really a grind to do. Paragon Wiki has it that Dr Anne-Marie Engles introduces you to Jim Tembler in Faultline which would have taken place after the Faultline Redo in Issue 8.

I think Mansome is correct, they Nerfed it at some point because It was Quite a Pain In the AXS, I think there were a couple large street hunts you had to do while Infected and it was the Only time I ever died a bunch.

On the subject of things that got changed....I remember doing missions with my brother, Delphon, and wondering why it was always such a tough fight when we did his missions, nothing but Purples and Reds everywhere. Then one day someone explained to me that if you change " How people in the City view you" at the Hero Corps Field Analyst to, oh say, " INVINCIBLE ", it MAXES the difficulty of your Missions. No SXXT!

um....Del...................we need to have a talk..............

The new system is a lot more self explanatory, to say the least.

• Thanks 1

Marine X