So what's the deal with Ice/Plant blasters?

tjknight

I've played this game for a very long time, and I've never leveled a 50 blaster.  Blasters frustated me way too much and I gave up on them. I have leveled several Dominators in the past to 50. So I noticed on the Flavour of the Month mentioned Ice/Plant blasters. Apparently, this blaster combo frequently makes it to level 50, just behind farming brute builds.  My assumption that this is so because this combo probably plays similarly to a Domintor.  In that it locks mobs down and then blasts them to smithereens while they're held. 

My second guess would be something like Fire/Plant/Cold might be a good choice. 

So am I close, far off... any Ice/Plant blasters out there want to chime in?

*Edit: Further research indicates this might be a favored PvP build, but I'm still curious to hear more*

Edited by tjknight

4 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

It could be used heavily in PvP.   PvP is all about FOTM builds.

Confirmed. Ice/Plant is apparently the FOTM pvp build. In fact it looks like the builds most likely to reach 50 is dominated by farming and pvp builds. 

*Interesting* 

1) chain of damaging Holds with 4 damage procs (both damage procs from PVP/purple set hold and ranged damage + damage proc from holds powers)

2)  Toxins adding again toxic damage, all served during the 10 seconds of glory of a Aim slotted with a gaussian Build up (allowing to blast people with high def)

3) /plant have a very strong mitigating tool.

"pvp" FOTM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vous souhaitez rejoindre un canal de discussion 100% Français ?

Vous souhaitez faire des TF Chill ou 4 étoiles avec des Francophones de tout pays ?

Vous souhaitez avoir accès à la meilleure base de données avec les meilleurs builds et ressources en Français ?

"La lune Bleue" est le canal de discussion qu'il vous faut !

N'attendez plus ! Contactez nous en jeu, ou notre Discord  https://discord.gg/GwTeNMrz6z