Influence sink?

Display Name

I've heard some talk about "the game needs an infl sink."  So it occurs to me that another idea in the back of my head might qualify:

Crafting fully-customizable enhs.  This means that the player selects the type of each enh bonus and the set bonuses.  When I say "fully" customizable, I'm not talking about "unlimited."  Mostly I'm just saying to allow the player to choose from the existing "enh bonus structure" and put together a set with only the kinds of bonuses they're looking for.

To balance this, maybe make custom enhs to be level 50 only and ALWAYS unique.  Or something.

This is just a discussion-starter, not really a serious suggestion.  But what if...

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

4 minutes ago, Display Name said:

That's exactly why it's not a serious suggestion.  But I still can't help wondering "What if...?"

It's not that it isn't impossible.  STO has a similar system where people can craft or re-engineer the stats on gear pieces.  The choice is totally random though and you kind of need to keep rolling until you get the proc you want.  The cost is prohibitive though.

6 minutes ago, biostem said:

How about allowing us to use influence to respec our characters?  Perhaps base the cost on character level and the number of paid respecs they've used...

I'd like to see the limit on recipe-respecs removed.  That way, if I want to purchase 100 respecs at a time from the auction house I can do so.  Not because I want to purchase 100 respecs from the auction house; I just want the option to do so.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!