Costume Piece Suggestion

killobit

I've noticed that though we have a robes category, there are no real robes in them.  When I envision "Robes" I see something that almost drags on the ground as someone moves.  I think people would really appreciate something of this nature for costuming of characters.  Also, there is the skirts/shorts category.  There are no long skirts or dresses in the game either.  All of these would make for great costuming pieces.  I'm hoping that something of that nature could be added into the game.

• Like 1

• Retired Game Master

The reason for this is that long, flowing garments are incredibly difficult to make look good and not destroy PC performance. My understanding is that Paragon Studios couldn't make them look good enough for their liking without impacting performance, so opted not to implement them at all. Not sure if anyone else will have better luck these days, we have stronger computers but the game engine might be the limiting factor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having a bit of experience with 3D modelling for game development, I can tell you; it's really not that easy.  I know some talented people who make it /look/ easy, but that's before you get in to trying to shoe-horn the geometry assets in to a game engine built on spaghetti, orphan souls, and whimsy like this one apparently is.

However, we /do/ already have some assets in game which could be proliferated.  They would limit players from engaging in all the various animations without bugging out and being graphically unpleasant, but honestly:  I'm okay with that.  I've always been.  And now that this isn't a for-profit product, I think we're at the point where players should be given the freedom to explore their creativity with whatever tools are available.  Mistakes will be made, and hideous abominations will be created . . . but that's a small price to pay for the beauty of such creations as:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/9188-npc-exclusive-costume-and-hair-items/?tab=comments#comment-83422

• Thanks 1