Quality of Life. Changes and Ideas!

Cooltastic

Quality of Life changes:

*Making the game more controller/gamepad friendly:

-Making it so that you can switch all targeted location based abilities to be able to be activated on a targeted enemy instead. Example: Shield Charge, Lightning Rod, etc.

-Having an activation Icon pop up on screen when near an interactable. So we don't need to click with mouse. Make it a key that we can change in keybindings. Also being able to navigate the tram menu without mouse would be greatly appreciated. Would like to select the desired zone by using up/down on the D-pad.

*Being able to place "MULTIPLE" ability's on Auto instead of only a single one.

How great would it be to have Hasten AND Rage on Auto, I mean come on. ;D

This would also help in making the game more controller friendly as you would need to manage less abilities on controller.

*Mastermind Pets updated to be more character concept friendly:

-Example: Beast Pets: Allow us the freedom to choose All Wolves or All Lions(Add replacement for the Dire Wolf with Large Maned Lion). Would also love to see Bears added.

-Example: Robots: Create Mechanical Toys to switch with. Like Teddy Bears or Toy Soldiers.

-Example: Thugs: Add female thugs! Being to replace all thugs with Clowns!

*Costume Editor Equalization for Male/Females

-Basically just adjusting pieces each has to fit the other.

Examples:

Metal 2 for Females

Feral and Demonic Faces for Females

Talon and Medusa Faces for Males

Take a look at the hairstyles and which could be shared. I'd like to see Females get the Shark Hairstyle, but with less widow's peak. 😜

Kheldian Belt for Females and Carnival of Light Belt for Males.

Barbarian Skin(fur skirt/grass skirt) for Females

Barbarian Belts and Shoulders for Males and Females. Just make the other Barbarian 2 when added.

And much more, those were just a few I could find quickly that stuck out.

*Add a Task Force Sign Up Sheet and Recruitment Feature:

Basically add all Task Force's to the LFG tab. Then make it so we get the option to either Queue or Sign Up or Recruit for each Task Force. Signing up places your Chars Name and Archtype on a list for that Task Force. If you select Recruit you can see the list and invite those you wish to have on your team. Makes creating a well balanced team easier than just quickly advertising in chat.

So that the system is fair, those that Sign Up first should be shown at the top of the list. 

And obviously you are removed from the Sign Up sheet should you quit the game.

*Remove or Time Gate AE

I know this is a controversial opinion, but I honestly always felt like it ended up hurting the game more than anything else. 95%(rough guess) of what AE get's used for are Fire Farms. Everyone has a Spines/Fire build just so they can get the most bang for their buck/time. You have tons of players just sitting at AE running the same thing over and over when they should be funneled into the rest of the game taking part in the actual content. Like I said, controversial opinion on this one I know, just how I always felt about it. I'd like to see a Time Gate get added at the very least. Maybe 10hrs a week per account. Push players back into doing other things. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cooltastic said:

Being able to place "MULTIPLE" ability's on Auto instead of only a single one.

Anything which would make it easier to automate your gameplay, so that your character can progress with minimal interaction by you, is a bad idea.  So, sorry, -1 on this one.

Mastermind Pets updated to be more character concept friendly:

We've been wanting more customization for MM pets since Issue 6.  Sadly, the Cryptic devs "hardwired" Pet appearances, and we can't even specify one or two colors to personalize our pets.  Entirely different models would require a total rewrite of the code for MM pets, from the ground up.

Costume Editor Equalization for Male/Females

... I've wanted shoulder pets for male characters since Live ...

Add a Task Force Sign Up Sheet and Recruitment Feature:

You don't need "well balanced teams".  Any eight random characters should be entirely able to handle most TFs.

Remove or Time Gate AE

Never going to happen.

I personally think AE was a mistake.  But that ship sailed years ago, and isn't coming back into the harbor any time soon.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

7 hours ago, Cooltastic said:

Quality of Life changes:

*Making the game more controller/gamepad friendly:

-Making it so that you can switch all targeted location based abilities to be able to be activated on a targeted enemy instead. Example: Shield Charge, Lightning Rod, etc.

-Having an activation Icon pop up on screen when near an interactable. So we don't need to click with mouse. Make it a key that we can change in keybindings. Also being able to navigate the tram menu without mouse would be greatly appreciated. Would like to select the desired zone by using up/down on the D-pad.

*Being able to place "MULTIPLE" ability's on Auto instead of only a single one.

How great would it be to have Hasten AND Rage on Auto, I mean come on. ;D

This would also help in making the game more controller friendly as you would need to manage less abilities on controller.

*Mastermind Pets updated to be more character concept friendly:

-Example: Beast Pets: Allow us the freedom to choose All Wolves or All Lions(Add replacement for the Dire Wolf with Large Maned Lion). Would also love to see Bears added.

-Example: Robots: Create Mechanical Toys to switch with. Like Teddy Bears or Toy Soldiers.

-Example: Thugs: Add female thugs! Being to replace all thugs with Clowns!

*Costume Editor Equalization for Male/Females

-Basically just adjusting pieces each has to fit the other.

Examples:

Metal 2 for Females

Feral and Demonic Faces for Females

Talon and Medusa Faces for Males

Take a look at the hairstyles and which could be shared. I'd like to see Females get the Shark Hairstyle, but with less widow's peak. 😜

Kheldian Belt for Females and Carnival of Light Belt for Males.

Barbarian Skin(fur skirt/grass skirt) for Females

Barbarian Belts and Shoulders for Males and Females. Just make the other Barbarian 2 when added.

And much more, those were just a few I could find quickly that stuck out.

*Add a Task Force Sign Up Sheet and Recruitment Feature:

Basically add all Task Force's to the LFG tab. Then make it so we get the option to either Queue or Sign Up or Recruit for each Task Force. Signing up places your Chars Name and Archtype on a list for that Task Force. If you select Recruit you can see the list and invite those you wish to have on your team. Makes creating a well balanced team easier than just quickly advertising in chat.

So that the system is fair, those that Sign Up first should be shown at the top of the list. 

And obviously you are removed from the Sign Up sheet should you quit the game.

*Remove or Time Gate AE

I know this is a controversial opinion, but I honestly always felt like it ended up hurting the game more than anything else. 95%(rough guess) of what AE get's used for are Fire Farms. Everyone has a Spines/Fire build just so they can get the most bang for their buck/time. You have tons of players just sitting at AE running the same thing over and over when they should be funneled into the rest of the game taking part in the actual content. Like I said, controversial opinion on this one I know, just how I always felt about it. I'd like to see a Time Gate get added at the very least. Maybe 10hrs a week per account. Push players back into doing other things. Just my 2 cents.

Your suggestions were pretty good until you suggested forcing others to play the game the way you want them to play it. How about you play how you want to play and let others play the way they want to play. 

• Thanks 1

On top of everything else, if you DID nerf AE, they'd most likely IMO either (1) shift to the next-most-efficient form of farming, whatever that is; or (2) leave.

People are going to play this game the way they want to, and there's no way you can force them to do otherwise.

Case in point:  I think this game (a KBAM MMO from the golden age of same) shouldn't be played with a controller; that it's foolish to try, and dev resources shouldn't be expended in that direction.  But hey, you do you.  I can't stop you.

Edited by Megajoule

On 9/7/2019 at 1:48 PM, Cooltastic said:

Everyone has a Spines/Fire build just so they can get the most bang for their buck/time.

I don't! I'm too busy leveling my 58 (so far) alts to spend time farming.

The one costume editor change I would like to see is ... allow male characters to use the Venus symbol, and female characters to use the Mars symbol (chest details). Dang it, I have a team of female characters representing each planet, and all of them get to wear their planetary symbol except for Ms. Mars. I'd like to know why this silly restriction was there to begin with.