Stuck in the Dark

Jade Crush

Hey all, 

Not certain exactly when the issue began, but game is extremely dark for me for the past few weeks. The game is, sadly, unplayable like this.

Adjusting gamma setting in Options seems to have no effect at all.  Tweaked various sliders, even reset to default, no help.

I am using an older video card, AMD Radeon HD 6900 series.  Have attempted to update drivers, but I appear to have the most recent available.

Any suggestions?  Please keep in mind that I'm more out of date than my video card 🙂

-Jade Crush

• 4 weeks later

I have this exact same issue. I think the issue is tied to the display settings somehow, because when I use my dual screen setup? I have the same problem you do. But when I revert to my default screen, the issue resolves and I can adjust gamma to my liking (thank God, because it is painfully dark otherwise). I'd try doing the same to see if we have the same result.

Attached is my DXDiag info.

If you don't use dual screens, or don't get the same result, I hope you find a solution!

DxDiag 10-4-2019.txt

2 hours ago, Calamity Cain said:

I have this exact same issue. I think the issue is tied to the display settings somehow, because when I use my dual screen setup? I have the same problem you do. But when I revert to my default screen, the issue resolves and I can adjust gamma to my liking (thank God, because it is painfully dark otherwise). I'd try doing the same to see if we have the same result.

Attached is my DXDiag info.

If you don't use dual screens, or don't get the same result, I hope you find a solution!

DxDiag 10-4-2019.txt 108.91 kB · 0 downloads

Same thing here, as soon as I plug in a second monitor, no matter the port on the video card I use (for primary or secondary), I lose Gamma control and everything tends to dark.  

I have an NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti and with multiple monitors the only way I can find to adjust my Gamma in CoH is to change the gamma setting in the NVIDIA control panel, which changes the gamma for the monitor, not the game.