The Great Archetype Concept Battle [Round 4]: Left Bracket

Zepp

The Great Archetype Concept Battle [Round 4]: Left Bracket  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better Archetype Concept? Captain v The Duo

• Captain
    • The Duo

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/19 at 02:59 PM

Welcome to The Great Archetype Concept Battle. This is a set of polls wherein proposed Archetypes go head to head to determine community interest. The Polls will be open for approximately one week and the brackets will be updated weekly. The goal is to come up with a single proposed archetype concept that the whole community can rally behind.

Voting should be based, in principle, on Feasibility, Niche, & Interest.

Feasibility: 1 (difficult to balance, requires a large amount of set development, etc.) to 10 (could be in-game tomorrow)

Niche: 1 (is already addressed by another AT) to 10 (there is a hole in the game that this would fill)

Interest: 1 (I wouldn't play it) to 10 (I plan to make at least 20 alts in this AT)

Your Contestants!

Battle 1: Captain v The Duo

Captain (19.05.27.02.57.28)

Melee/Support

Tactical Advantage: Enemies within 15' act as a power boost, allies in the range increase regeneration and defense.

Captains are frontline fighters that support their teammates from within the fray.

The Duo (19.06.07.16.09.36)

Assault/{Pet/Armor/Support}

Partnership: +DMG +ToHit in proximity to pet. Share power effects with pet.

The Duo is an AT that is focused on working strongly with a single pet partner and balancing the burden with them.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Battle 1: Captain v The Duo

Captain (19.05.27.02.57.28)

Feasibility: 6 - While easy to port powersets, I see balance issues as taking some time (the inherent seems inherently unbalancing).

Niche: 4 - It seems to be competing for a niche with Defender.

Interest: 3 - It would be fun, but I do not really see why I would choose it over a Defender.

The Duo (19.06.07.16.09.36)

Feasibility: 6 - The playtesting that has already been done by the proposer has doubled the score here.

Niche: 6 - This is definitely in the DPS camp, but with a different approach to other DPSers out there.

Interest: 8 - I would definitely make at least one of these.

Winner: The Duo

One and a half days left, still time to vote!