Which Soldier to use?

Hey,

So back on Live, I had a Bane Spider who, in headcanon, was the "hidden nemesis" of my buddy's Fire/Mace tank.  Said Mace is powered by a Rikti artifact, and my character was approached by Kelly Uqua, who pulled some strings and got my character into Project: Destiny in return for future considerations, in the form of "one day you will jack Space Mace and get me that mace."

Not that either of us PVPs ever, but as a thought exercise, if you had to fight a Fire/Mace tanker, would you rather do it as a Crab, or a Bane?

Just wondering.

Later,

Generator

Depends on how you wanted to fight him.  Straight up in melee as a surprise attack or with pets and energy blasts trying to keep your distance.  Personally, against a Fire tanker?  I want to keep my distance from that Burn patch

if you had to fight a Fire/Mace tanker, would you rather do it as a Crab, or a Bane?

I'd do it as a Fortunata. Do you see any Psi resist in the Firey Aura set? I sure don't. I would just shoot him at range with Mental Blast, Dominate and Subdue over and over,with the occasional other attack to fill.

The only thing he can really counter is the hold and immobilize and if the psy attack -recharge builds enough to shut down burn, he won't counter the immobilize much at all. That said keeping him at a distance would be really important but I think it could be done.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!