Elec/Elec Sentinel Performance

Mercurias

I’m trying to continue an electrical theme for my character leveling. So far I’ve got an Elec/Kin controller, an Elec/Shield Scrapper, and I made an attempt at an Elec/Martial Dom before I had to admit to myself that I just wasn’t looking forward to more Gremlins.

I’ve decided to break new ground with either an Elec/Elec Sentinel or Elec/Elec Blaster using either Elec or Mu for the epic.

Has anyone tried either combo? I’m away from for a few days, and I honestly don’t know if they’re viable. I know Electric Blast had a reputation for being underpowered on Live, but I have no clue if that’s still the case on Homecoming.

I Have an Ele/Ele/Mu Sentinel (Clockwork Djinn) and love him. His damage is slightly lower than my Fire/RA Sentinel's but overall his attacks chain quicker and Endurance was never a problem past the terrible mid teens.

It's also incredibly satisfying to see the few mobs who survive his initial 2 attacks run around with zero endurance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mercurias said:

Nice!

Do you have an easier time at range or in melee? It seems like a lot of Electric Blast is ranged, while Synaptic Shock is uniquely melee.

Sentinels have very few melee attacks: their attacks are mostly ranged (except for the PBAoEs).

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

3 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

Sentinels have very few melee attacks: their attacks are mostly ranged (except for the PBAoEs).

Whoops! I said “Synaptic Shock” rather than “Short Circuit”. 

I’m trying to decide if I want to pursue something with more melee focus and go for the Electric Epic Pool for Lightning Field or the Mu Patron Pool for ranged focus and Static Discharge.

Electric blast got a nice buff for sentinels with tesla cage actually doing good damage.  The main reason it was considered really underpowered on Live was the lack of a third hard hitting ST attack.  You got voltaic sentinel instead, which is nice for some almost "free" extra damage, but nothing earth shaking.  The insta-snipe has improved it a lot in that regard for the other AT's.  

One newer downside in the new "meta" is endurance mod IO's sets don't really have any good proc opportunities for offensive attacks (would love to see that changed).

Still a nice enough set now though either way.

• Like 3