Supremacy grants active Inspirations to Henchmen

Weylin

If henchmen are within Supremacy range, they should benefit from inspirations. As soon as they leave the radius the effects go away.

If an inspiration is given directly to the henchman, they keep it for themselves, outside of Supremacy range or not.

The effect of supremacy broadcasting it to henchmen may need to be reduced for balance reasons (say 25-50% strength to adjacent henchmen)

My reasoning is that henchmen are both your primary source of damage, and damage mitigation, yet they are left out of the loop on so many things like set bonuses.

There's really no other class that has the majority of its firepower tied up in imbeciles with hit points.

Yes, you can give inspirations to your henchmen either through macro, bind, or drag & drop, but you'll end up using way more inspirations than anyone else in the game.

Generally I don't even bother with the T1 and T2 pets and just give them to the one that matters most.

But look at it this way... Imagine if you could only inspire one of your powers at a time. Right? Crazy.

Edited by Weylin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Weylin said:

But look at it this way... Imagine if you could only inspire one of your powers at a time. Right? Crazy.

That is a fair point..but MMs already get Supremacy, teh support of their secondary and the distraction factor of all the pets. Using a single Luck on any other AT is nice. Using it on an mm, and ALL your pets getting it is gonna make them very tough. Not saying it wouldn't be nice but..I'd be more inclined to suggest than when in SUp range, pets get a % bonus of any active inspirations. The 25-50 you suggest would be a good start!

Yeah, I mentioned that in the OP, but again, you're using 6x as many inspirations to buff your overall stats as much as any other AT.

Whereas a blaster, for example, only needs to pop 1 damage inspiration, you would need to pop one on yourself, your x3's, your x2's, and your x1.

On 9/14/2019 at 6:09 PM, Razor Cure said:

That is a fair point..but MMs already get Supremacy, teh support of their secondary and the distraction factor of all the pets. Using a single Luck on any other AT is nice. Using it on an mm, and ALL your pets getting it is gonna make them very tough. Not saying it wouldn't be nice but..I'd be more inclined to suggest than when in SUp range, pets get a % bonus of any active inspirations. The 25-50 you suggest would be a good start!

Supremacy is the equivalent of a 10th level IO in accuracy, and a 20th level IO in damage. 

Yes, that would mean that popping an inspiration would make the pets tougher. That's kind of the point. A blaster popping 3 defense inspirations becomes a nearly untouchable juggernaut of destruction. Those 3 inspirations are protecting him defensively and keeping his offense from suffering any reduction due to getting hit by cc, etc. In order achieve that same effect, a mastermind would have to pop 3 defense inspirations PER PET, as well as for themselves, or 21 inspirations total. That's...excessive.

I think allowing pets to gain the benefits of inspirations while in supremacy range probably wouldn't be gamebreaking, especially since pets have a lower damage cap than players.