How would you buff Sentinels?

Murcielago

22 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Without any Incarnate abilities in use, I only got 213 DPS.  Enough to solo AVs in Mary Jenkins, but I'd like to know how that Energy Aura got that 309. 😮

If you go through all 3 of Microcosm's DP/EA posts linked there, they go over the attack chain in one of them.  The foundation is Mind Probe-Dominate-2 DP attacks.

If you look through all of them at 300+, MP + Dom is in every single one of them.  Sovera gets close with Rad/, which can easily apply the Achilles Heel -Resist proc in the ST chain, without MP+Dom.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Like 1

• 1 year later
On 9/20/2019 at 11:40 AM, PaxArcana said:

Honestly?  I'd be 80% fine with the current Sentinel Inherent if it were not tied to the T1 and T2 primary attacks.  Give me two separate buttons, one for Offense and one for Defense, that only become available when the Opportunity bar is filled.  Let me choose to activate whichever of them I want, no matter what might be on cooldown at the moment the bar fills.

I might like it to be more AoE in nature (hit the target and anything within 10-15 feet), so that the target doesn't go face-down half a second after the crosshairs show up under it's feet, but, just separating the activation from my attacks, would be a huuuuge step forward, IMO.

Something to keep in mind WRT that Reaper idea, at least.

Not being tied to the T1/T2 would help, but also increase the duration or make it perma until used.  My usual experience goes like this;  Fight the spawn down to 1 minion who has half health.  Now I can shoot the minion (with or without Offensive Opportunity, I didn't take the T2 attack) and the minion dies.  By the time I get to the next spawn and pick a boss/Lt to use my Off. Op. on it's gone.  So I charge in and fight the spawn.  Two or three attacks later the Op is back, so now I get to find the target I wanted to use it on again, if it's still alive.

So I simply ignore the Inherent.  If it comes up at a time when I have a boss/Lt targeted sure, I'll use it.  That happens less than once per mish.  So I mostly play as if my Sent doesn't have an Inherent.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

It sucks that Dominate and to an extent Mind Probe over shadow primary attacks.   But it is what it is.  . I wish the devs would add some more damage proc options to the ranged damage Io sets.   That at least would open up some slotting options for a lot of sets and boost some fun time.

Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Like 1

Remove Sentinels entirely by disallowing the creation of new Sentinels and giving current Sentinels three logins of the character to clear their enhancements out and stuff them in a base storage rack, save their costumes, copy/paste their bios to notepad, etc., before they're deleted. Add an option for Null the Gull to give Sentinels, and only Sentinels, a number of free enhancement unslotters equal to the total number of enhancements they have slotted.

Immediately re-enable the playstyle (in the same patch, don't do this until the whole thing is finished) by proliferating the Sentinel versions of ranged primaries to Scrappers.

Increase Scrappers' ranged base modifier to slightly less than their current melee base modifier. This will ensure that neither option will feel "bad." Melee Scrappers will be more risky but deal a bit more damage, while ranged Scrappers will be safer out at a 40-yard distance, but give up a little damage for that safety. It might also have the side effect of making the ranged attacks in Scrapper ancillaries actually be useful beyond just shooting down a runner with Laser Beam Eyes or Mu Lightning.

Then there won't be any need to think of a new inherent without "copycatting" Critical Hit -- because they'll be Scrappers with ranged primaries, so they'll be using the real Critical Hit.

This might not be a very popular suggestion, but I feel like it would be the best answer overall.

Edited by Aida LaCanthe
  • Thumbs Down 1