Costumechange emote and teleport customisation

Andrewvm

Gotcha intrigued didn't I 😉 (if I didn't you would be reading this)

With all the customisation in the game I find the option we have for teleport to be falling behind.

Would it be technically feasible to use the costumechange emothes as teleport animations? I'd say most all of them are perfect for the job, wether you disappear in a puff of smoke of a murder of crows, all good with me.  the animation times might be a hassle, but i think that even with normal tp you can cut the animation short by popping the next one  immediatly.

the science ones with the bottle and the injection might be wierd, but I'd do those too, just because it is counter intuitive doesn't mean someone can't make a cool backstory out of it ( a teleport injection or potion anyone?)

What do you think? Worth trying? technically feasible?

I'm pretty sure they would need to rework all the animations at least a little, since the costume change emotes weren't designed for the player characters to change position in the middle of them. There'd probably be weirdness like leaving particle effects behind that should stick with the character, or the FX getting all stretched out as they extend between where you started and where you end up, that sort of thing. But I do like the idea.

Edited by Vanden

2 hours ago, Vanden said:

weirdness like leaving particle effects behind that should stick

Actually not even a bad side effect since your particles - would- get left behind when porting I imagine. 

I wonder how the regular TP animation works.... 

I actually made a macro for that the other day, though it's only for base teleportation. It's for my alien crew, who can use their ship to transport themselves around the city.

/macro SHIP "local Ship, one to transport.$$cce 7 cclightmagic$$enterbasefrompassword <password>"

Costume slot 7 is just a copy of their primary costume, so you don't actually seem to change outfits mid-teleport. I had a friend watch me use it, and unless it lags a bit during teleport, the costume change animation starts, and about midway through it the character vanishes. Just like they were being beamed up. :)

4 hours ago, WumpusRat said:

I had a friend watch me use it, and unless it lags a bit during teleport, the costume change animation starts, and about midway through it the character vanishes. Just like they were being beamed up.

Sounds like it should work then. 

I'll try this with teleport...