Nul the Gulls and the special zones he can send you too

Nericus

So you chat with Nul the Gull and he States he can send you to special zones where it's always winter, or Halloween or a beach party....

....I've checked those zones and while they look nice they seem to have no purpose.

Example; the Halloween. Zone is atlas park made to look haunted for lack of a better term. The haunted house is there, but there is no trick or treating, no Jack or eochai, can't enter the haunted house, no banner event, no special Halloween tip mission.....

Is there a purpose for these zones?

1 hour ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Roleplay.  They've been used for player-run events on this server . . . at least until people started making more private venues with their bases.

Hmm so basically costume contest and parties within the game ala pocket d, bases and khalsti wharf.

Question, if one logs out in one of those zones do they stay in it or return to pocket d?

Also I noticed that the mission architect in the Halloween zone seems semi functional, it let me set a mission but I couldn't launch it.

I think that is probably because The Zone you are in is actually not a zone so much as a Mission Map, so you are already in a mission. I think if you log out you would return to Pocket D.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I can't recall for sure, but I think I did log out and back in on that Halloween-decorated park, once.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

There should be an easy way to test if it's an Instance or a Zone:   Type /ah

Auction House can only be accessed from public Zones, where the player will return to if they log off there.  Whereas Instances will kick you out when you log off there, since the instance despawns after 20 minutes of inactivity, and the Auction House can't be activated in such Instances.

9 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

There should be an easy way to test if it's an Instance or a Zone:   Type /ah

Auction House can only be accessed from public Zones, where the player will return to if they log off there.  Whereas Instances will kick you out when you log off there, since the instance despawns after 20 minutes of inactivity, and the Auction House can't be activated in such Instances.

Dang, if instances take a whole 20 minutes to despawn, I wish that would translate into letting me pick up where I left off, instead of having to start all over every time I get DC'd.

There are some triggers which prompt Instances to despawn faster, even while players are in them, such as speaking with a Contact after Mission Complete.  You may have noticed sometimes, in Task Forces for example, that when the Team Leader leaves the completed mission, the whole team gets ejected from the Instance.

One time I even accidentally Map Server'd myself returning to my own base at PRECISELY the moment it was despawning.