Help! My TW/Rad can't even lift her hammer!

VV

All I wanted was to hit stuff with a big bonker. So, I took Titan Weapons. /Rad seemed like an interesting armor set, even with a little team support. Nothing fancy, just to solo some, and make group every now and then. Got it to level 50, and now it just seems like a total punk. It only has yellow & red sets, and generic IOs, no purples. But, I wasn't planning on force running it through 4x8 missions, maybe 2x4 or something. Not so much. I think I just do not seem to understand either set well enough to put the proper techniques to use.

Anyway, does anyone have a good build for a TW/Rad? I'd rather not just retire it after leveling it all the way up. Just something decent with red and yellow sets is what I'm looking for. Thanks to anyone who can help.

• Like 1

TW/Rad should be a good choice my buddy runs the exact same thing with barely any IOs it seems to work well for him. /Rad has some good resists and good end recovery but is lacking somewhat in defence. Defence could be what you are missing in your build. Could you post what you are currently running for reference ?

Edited by Seigmoraig

/Rad is a resist based set.  It’s not hard to softcap your resists but if you don’t balance this with +Def you take not only the damage (however resisted) but the secondary damage as well.  Most damage may be smashing/lethal but as you get into the 40’s and the incarnate stuff you’ll face more Energy and other exotic/uncommon damage types.  

Try this.  Load up on purples, chomp a few when taking on something that currently eats your lunch.  If you come out better with your Def pumped up good chance that’s how you need to respec and rebuild.

Recharge is also important as that big hammer has ponderously slow animations but you gotta lay the hurt down faster or survive the blows longer to get full use of your damage.

2 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

Could you post what you are currently running for reference ?

I would love to, but I updated my Mids recently and it wiped out all of my builds. Like, not in the recycle bin, searched the whole computer, not anywhere. I'll recreate it and post it soon, though.

Just off the cuff - it looks like you are going budget build - you could try dropping a 4 piece of Kinetic Combat into all your single target powers. Crushing Blow, Follow Through, Rend Armor and Boxing/kick (even if you don't use it, it's great to mule an IO set in it). Each 4 piece of this will get you 3.75% s/l and 1.875% melee. The set is very affordable and available on the /ah.

This was going to be my suggestion as well, get some defenses, especially melee defenses. Rad has good resistances, but you're still taking every single one of those hits just at a reduced rate.

Kinetic Combat is a good starter for single targets, Obliteration 6 slots is a solid choice for PBAOEs to get some melee defense. And of course the single Steadfast Protection +3 def, and the other similar one (Gladiator's something?) can provide you a solid 6% to anything. A few of those sets and you're suddenly at 25% or so without any other defensive powers, probably in the 35-40 range when using defensive sweep.