Bank robbing/saving and other 'money' missions.

Razor Cure

Leaving aside teh fact that money IS easy to make at 50, it actually isn't that easy to earn getting there. Yes, we can transfer it from a Vet alt, or play the market, or sell any good recipe drops, but what about those who DONT have the vet alts, dont wanna play teh market, or never seem to get good drops (or they want to KEEP their drops and sue merits for personal goodies)?

It is even worse factoring double xp, meaning no money at all. Of course, that is a choice, but a lot of people play this way. I recall on Live, my first hero (coming from starting the game with CoV) hit 50..and I didnt even have enough for a full set of SOs. Which bites.

Also, there are a few missions (especially mayhems) that have you ROBBING banks. And yet, the vault gives like..5000 Inf or something? Its a worthless amount, and makes zero sense. As another example..Leonard is sharkhead. His arc ends with you draining a villains funds, from some company thats been raking it in for 10 years! What do you get for that? Basically nothing.

I think some missions (mayhems, safgeguards-as a reward for stopping the robbery, other ones like Leonards arc) should give a good amount, relatively (for 'normal players) of cash, 1mil perhaps. That would go a long way to kitting out with basic enhancements. Just have it award only the first time you do said mission. That amount of money would mean nothing to the rich players, but a lot to the beginners or non marketeers.

The idea is that Inf isn't "money" - you're actually trading in on your reputation (your influence, your infamy, or your information) rather than in actual dollars and cents.  So, sure, you may get a few hundred thousand dollars from a bank robbery or millions of dollars from Leonard's arc, but dollars are not Inf.

It's a bit hand-wavey (especially when the Auction House comes into it), but that's the justification.

Back in the day, I would have recommended a mechanic that, both as a reward and as an incentive to play Red-Side, would base Inf rewards on Shard population.  The fewer people there are, the bigger the rewards.  After all, if every Dirty Tom, Dick, and Harry is robbing the same bank, there isn't as much loot to spread around.  But if there's only one Villain in all of Sharkhead that dares to bust open the vault, then they deserve the biggest pay day!

Of course, now with Null the Gull, this idea isn't worth quite so much.