Timed missions quitting early

riellefrost

Hey guys, having an issue that I don't know if it's a bug or not, but it's certainly frustrating- lately I've had multiple timed missions just up and quit on me. As in, kicks me out and the mission fails. Problem is, none of the parameters for failing these missions were triggered. One was a Safeguard bank mission that quit on me after 2 minutes. Not only did the looters not have enough time to rob the bank and escape, I defeated all of them (yes, I'm sure). Another was a 60 minute timed mission to defeat all Council in this office building, given by Cho Ge. This mission quit 3 minutes in, for seemingly no reason. There were no parameters for stopping an escape or rescuing someone. Just a simple defeat all. There was no reason it should have quit with 57 minutes left on the timer.

I don't know why this is happening, but it's making me really agitated about accepting timed missions. Anyone else having this problem?

i heard about it ingame, but didnt play those missions until now

but i think that the timer isnt the problem because missions with "do something in under x minutes or enemy backup arrives" works without enemy backup arriving to early

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

I wonder if this might be a Server Time Zone issue.

The original CoH servers were hosted in Pacific time, so they may have everything (unfortunately) hardwired to key the timed missions to Pacific time, but then the timed missions "flub" that server time handoff and because of the time zone differences the timed mission auto expires "immediately" (in effect).  That might explain the wacky behavior people are reporting.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Hmm... I am in the Pacific Timezone, if that makes a difference.

Your GAME CLIENT is in the Pacific timezone ... but the GAME SERVER isn't ... and the differential between those two time zones might be at fault for the Timed Missions "instantly" timing out due to a flaw in the coding.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.