Halloween Tips not Dropping

DuHast

I'm just going to copy and paste the issue from when I asked in Discord "in-game-help" channel;

regarding Halloween Tips... I looked at the wiki and it says, "This Tip mission is part of the Halloween Event. It is dropped by defeating Trick or Treat enemies while in costume, even if the character already has three Tips. This tip is available only to Primal Earth characters above level 20; it is not available to characters in Praetoria, regardless of level."

Fellow ToTers were saying it drops as a treat from the doors. I've been in costume, ToTing and killing and keeping my Tips clear for 3 hours today already have a the badge for having 50 classic costumes (are there more?) and not 1 single Halloween Tip mission has dropped for me! Am I doing something wrong?

My lvl 50s have only gotten tips in Peregrine Island and the RWZ. Is it possible you have been ToTing in PVP zone where you cannot be in costume?

I've done some ToT in Siren's Call, but I didn't find a working door in Bloody Bay.

edit: Have you ever done a tip mission? Are you pure villain/hero?

Edited by tidge

I am not doubting your issue, but on Saturday, I did ToTing in Kallisti wharf, in about an hour, I had the tip drop 4 times and I was able to get all 6 badges for the tip mission (I had done one tip mission previously). I made sure to knock on doors while in costume. I do not remember if I got the tip as a treat or as a drop from fighting door mobs. 

• Like 1

DuHast was Originally a hero from day 1. I did take him redside and yellow side for badges out side of the event. at the time the event started he was blueside. I have been ToTing in PI the entire time. the first day I was not in costume, the second day I was. I am pure hero.

10 hours ago, Chuckers said:

I am not doubting your issue, but on Saturday, I did ToTing in Kallisti wharf, in about an hour, I had the tip drop 4 times and I was able to get all 6 badges for the tip mission (I had done one tip mission previously). I made sure to knock on doors while in costume. I do not remember if I got the tip as a treat or as a drop from fighting door mobs. 

I have received the tip in both Kallisti Wharf (level 45) and Peregrine Island (level 50).

• Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

I think it might have been a glitch or because I was in a league at the time. I solo ToTed in the same costume and the Halloween tips started dropping pretty quickly. I was able to get all 7 toting badges including redside.

Thanks for all the responses.

• Like 1

One thing that I have notice (on a number of characters) is if the Tip aren't dropping after a good while (1 hour plus), if I log out and then log back in they seem to start dropping again almost straight away. May had just been dumb luck each time, or maybe there is a minor bug.

Edited by Logansan